Voya Institutional Plan Services - Account Failure for Leidos 401K

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have spoken with the Voya Institutional Plan Services support desk and Quicken will not recognize the Customer ID and Password provided to me by Voya for the Quicken download.  Voya is telling me it is a Quicken problem. 

Since Voya Institutional Plan Services accounts point to the "foremployers.voya.com" link, the login ID (your SSN, a user name you create, or your company employee number depending on how you established access at your first login) is modified to add:  @company.  This is supposed to point to the correct company website established at Voya for your company.  As an example, I created a user name at my first login and I work for a company called Leidos, so the login for my account through Quicken should be:
username@leidos or "johnsmith@leidos"

To establish the "PIN" for Quicken, I was told by Voya that it is supposed to be the last 4 of my SSN, followed by the @ symbol, and then followed by the password I established at my first login.  As an example, this would be:  last four of SSN@password and look like the following "9999@12345678".

When I had worked for Lockheed Martin, I had established a Voya Institutional Plan Services account in Quicken for my 401K in the exact same manner, however, that account was linked via my SSN.  When Lockheed Martin separated the IS&GS business segment of the company and "merged" it with another company named Leidos to create the current entity that exists called Leidos, we were given the ability to close our Lockheed Martin 401K through Voya and establish a new Leidos 401K with Voya. 

In trying to establish the new Voya 401K for Leidos in Quicken 2016, the support desk at Voya is telling me there is an issue on the Quicken side as the way they set up the accounts for download has not changed.

Can you look at how Quicken is working with Voya and let me know if this is correct or if there is some change that has occurred so that I can establish this account in my Quicken?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Ok, so I figured out my own issue after 2 weeks of wanting to throw my computer out of the window.

The format of the Customer ID was correct.  Either of the following three options, depending on how you first set up the account to login and how you login into the website:
    1)  Social Security Number:  SSN@leidos or 123456789@leidos
    2)  User Name:  username@leidos or johnsmith@leidos
    3)  Employee Number:  employeenumber@leidos or 123456@leidos

The PIN is the actual password you use to access the website, as opposed to the last 4 of your SSN @ and the password.  It does not use any part of your SSN like the Voya support help had indicated.  I just tried the correct customer id above based on my method of login and then entered just my password in the PIN field and it immediately connected.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    I have been unable to Direct Connect since early September.  I have tried the above and everything else I could think of to no avail.  The Voya rep said that there was a problem with Quicken in that Intuit would not update their security stuff to meet Voya's new requirements.  Is this true?  Are others now able to connect to a Voya 401k plan or is everybody screwed?  Quicken 2014 on Win 10.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016

I have been unable to Direct Connect since early September.  I have tried the above and everything else I could think of to no avail.  The Voya rep said that there was a problem with Quicken in that Intuit would not update their security stuff to meet Voya's new requirements.  Is this true?  Are others now able to connect to a Voya 401k plan or is everybody screwed?  Quicken 2014 on Win 10.

I am having the same issue with my 401k at Voya. No luck trying to download - says password incorrect. Issue started about September after Voya forced everyone to update access credentials - login name and password.

Also tried setting up a new account which didn't work either. Quicken says I need login information from Voya to have automatic downloads.

Voya rep says it is Quicken's issue after confirming my username and password are correct and account not locked.

Quicken Premier 2017.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    I found out the USERNAME is case sensitive on the Quicken login. I used all caps and it worked. Voya website may not be case sensitive but the Quicken download is.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately using all caps for my username did not fix the problem. Still can't download from Voya.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Tom said:

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately using all caps for my username did not fix the problem. Still can't download from Voya.

I would suggest it's time to contact Quicken Support (see the links at the bottom of the article).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Tom said:

Mike,

Thanks I will do so.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

Wanted to report that I was having the same issue since VOYA updated their login process including our passwords and found the solution on another thread.   for some odd reason, had to do with capital letters.

used to able to login before as   username@Company  (only capital was first letter of company)

now for it to work, had to change the login to USERNAME@Company  

hope this helps someone.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

I found out the USERNAME is case sensitive on the Quicken login. I used all caps and it worked. Voya website may not be case sensitive but the Quicken download is.

Thanks Mike.  This fixed my problem too.  Voya does not have that in their knowledge base!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I work for Lockheed and I was able to login to my 401K account using my USERNAME (all caps) plus @LMCO (all caps);   USERNAME@LMCO
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    All caps worked for me up until Aug 25.  Have not been able to get Quicken 2017 ver R10 (Windows) to connect to Lockheed 401K since
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Tim said:

Ok, so I figured out my own issue after 2 weeks of wanting to throw my computer out of the window.

The format of the Customer ID was correct.  Either of the following three options, depending on how you first set up the account to login and how you login into the website:
    1)  Social Security Number:  SSN@leidos or 123456789@leidos
    2)  User Name:  username@leidos or johnsmith@leidos
    3)  Employee Number:  employeenumber@leidos or 123456@leidos

The PIN is the actual password you use to access the website, as opposed to the last 4 of your SSN @ and the password.  It does not use any part of your SSN like the Voya support help had indicated.  I just tried the correct customer id above based on my method of login and then entered just my password in the PIN field and it immediately connected.

Got similar advice from Quicken, but haven't been able to make direct connect. Web connect ended on 9/2 apparently. Tried your configurations, but no luck. Will watch this thread to see if anything changes on either the Voya or Quicken fronts.
This discussion has been closed.