Add Option to Stop Automatically Clearing the Not Reviewed flag (Blue Dot) after 2 weeks in Quicken

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Currently Quicken automatically marks transactions as reviewed by clearing the flag (Blue Dot) after 2 weeks, whether or not a user has actually reviewed the transaction.

There needs to be a user preference to turn off/disable this feature.

There are many situations where the automatic behaviour is not suitable. Users may perform reviews less frequently, such as once per month, or may fall behind in the review process yet still download their data for later review (since many FIs/Banks only provide data for previous 3 months). The current behaviour makes the review process more difficult.

If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted. Your VOTE matters!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for Downloading Data into Quicken.
    You may want to go click on the underlined link to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that click on this underlined linkfollowing the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content. Your VOTE matters! 
    Categorized List of IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    What I don't understand from these "design decisions" are (a) Quicken has a long history--user history including--why do "new decisions" contradictory to those (b) if something contradicts this, or is debatable, for goodness sake--put it in preferences so users can (e.g.) specify if they want this or that action or how long they want before things are clear and so forth. 
    edited December 2016
    DHC said:

What I don't understand from these "design decisions" are (a) Quicken has a long history--user history including--why do "new decisions" contradictory to those (b) if something contradicts this, or is debatable, for goodness sake--put it in preferences so users can (e.g.) specify if they want this or that action or how long they want before things are clear and so forth. 

Agreed...don't forget to add your vote it you want this.

• larie@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm glad you flagged this. I had no idea this was happening. It absolutely shouldn't be ! 
  • cnealcneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Confusion abounds. When I hold my mouse pointer over the blue dot to the left of the tranaction in my register the text says, "Downloaded in the most recent download session." And that is the behavior I see. When the transaction clears the bank or brokerage and is put into the register by download the blue dot appears. If I manually entered the transaction and the matching transaction is downloaded the red pencil becomes blue.

The blue check mark to the right of the transaction indicating the transaction has been cleared also appears if the transaction has been downloaded, but this is eaily removed with a mouse click. It is the first thing I do when I start to reconcile and any transaction not included in the reconcile remains without the check mark until I include it in the next reconcile.

In short, the behavior you describe is not what I see in QM17. (Using Direct Connect without mobile access.) 
    edited December 2016
    cneal said:

Confusion abounds. When I hold my mouse pointer over the blue dot to the left of the tranaction in my register the text says, "Downloaded in the most recent download session." And that is the behavior I see. When the transaction clears the bank or brokerage and is put into the register by download the blue dot appears. If I manually entered the transaction and the matching transaction is downloaded the red pencil becomes blue.

The blue check mark to the right of the transaction indicating the transaction has been cleared also appears if the transaction has been downloaded, but this is eaily removed with a mouse click. It is the first thing I do when I start to reconcile and any transaction not included in the reconcile remains without the check mark until I include it in the next reconcile.

In short, the behavior you describe is not what I see in QM17. (Using Direct Connect without mobile access.) 

Ok, so there seems to be some confusion around this here...I have posted a question for follow-up. Will report back findings.

• Jacob ShamyJacob Shamy Member
    edited July 2018
    DHC said:

Quicken was purchased by someone else in March of last year.
  • Jacob ShamyJacob Shamy Member
    edited July 2018
    This doesn't seem to happen for me.  I haven't reviewed my transactions in Quicken for several months now (I review my bank statements though) and all the blue dots are there all the way to the last time I reviewed.
    edited August 2018
    Not sure exactly when this was fixed/implemented but it appears to have occurred around when QM2017 v4.4 was released in Dec 2016, as per the 2017 Release Notes