Ongoing problems with San Diego County Credit Union (SDCCU) and Quicken 2016

Trying to manage my SDCCU accounts in Quicken for Windows 2016 (latest release) has turned into a nightmare. I either get the dreaded CC-502 error or worse, that the account can't be found. I have reported this to Quicken tech support multiple times. After sending them my log files, they claim to "fix" the problem only it never does. Sometimes it works for a day or two and then everything is fouled up again. I NEVER have this problem with my other accounts (American Express, TD Ameritrade).

I cannot continue to work this way since we do a lot of banking (personal and business). Is this a lost cause? Should I give up on SDCCU or is it a Quicken problem that isn't going to get fixed? Does anyone have any experience with Navy Federal Credit Union and Quicken 2016? Do those two work together? Really burned up over this.

Comments

• Steve GamerSteve Gamer Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm having a similar problem with Hiway Federal Credit Union except my issue is currently limited to credit & liability accounts.  The checking and savings accounts are working properly now however they were screwed up the other day.  I'm using the latest greatest Windows 2016 Deluxe with the latest patches.  Hope they fix this soon.
  • Robin J SmithRobin J Smith Member
    edited August 2016
    I have had problems between SDCCU and Quicken for many years. To resolve, I deactivate and reactivate the account in Quicken, like this: While in the account (SDCCU, for example), go to Actions (little wheel/settings icon at top right of account info), choose Edit Account Details, click center tab (Online Services), and click Deactivate. Once deactivated, Activate the account again, following prompts. Or you may choose Reset. It's frustrating and I think it is an SDCCU security problem, which they have too often, in my opinion.
  • tom.perrinetom.perrine Member
    edited July 2018
    I never had this problem until Quicken 2016. Now it's constant. I haven't been able to download transactions for 11 days. I used the deactivate/activate trick a few times over the past few months, now that no longer works.

All the accounts come up with "not enough information", so I can't finish adding them.

I've been with SDCCU since 1985, and Quicken since the early 90s, I really don't want to have to punt either of them, but...

If Mission Fed works with MoneyDance, that might be the way to just finally give up on this 
  • Ben JohnsonBen Johnson Member
    edited July 2018
    I am having the same problem, also for about 11 days. I wonder if SD CCU modified something. I will try the deactivate, reactivate tomorrow and see what happens. Pretty frustrating. I've tried Resetting, and we can just hangs. When I go into TaskManager it says Quicken is nonresponsive
  • edited October 2016

I am having the same problem, also for about 11 days. I wonder if SD CCU modified something. I will try the deactivate, reactivate tomorrow and see what happens. Pretty frustrating. I've tried Resetting, and we can just hangs. When I go into TaskManager it says Quicken is nonresponsive

Same here Ben. Qucken tech support said they were "unaware" of any change in status with SDCCU. But SDCCU sent me an email saying they no longer support Quicken Direct Connect. Well that's just stupid because they haven't supported DC for years. I use Express Web Connect. I have yet to get a reply back from SDCCU confirming that they are no longer supporting that too.
  • edited October 2016

I never had this problem until Quicken 2016. Now it's constant. I haven't been able to download transactions for 11 days. I used the deactivate/activate trick a few times over the past few months, now that no longer works.

All the accounts come up with "not enough information", so I can't finish adding them.

I've been with SDCCU since 1985, and Quicken since the early 90s, I really don't want to have to punt either of them, but...

If Mission Fed works with MoneyDance, that might be the way to just finally give up on this 

The underlying software for a lot of credit unions is Symitar's stuff including SDCCU. I wonder if they've bagged Quicken?
  • edited October 2016

FWIW, it would take me 10x as long to have to download QFX files for each account I have with SDCCU. Having Quicken H&B to balance my accounts and assign expenses is super important.
  • Joseph WitkinJoseph Witkin Member
    edited November 2016
    I have had problems with SDCCU Express Webconnect for years, dating back several Quicken version. I think they run their update software on a 1986 server with 2 gigs of RAM! I have also had success in the past by deactivating and reactivating online download, but currently, my checking account is showing up as "unknown type" so that I cannot link it. I have tried everything including deleting the account and trying to add a new account. Really poor support - they do not respond to messages about it on their website. Ready to move accounts somewhere else...
    edited October 2016
    I tried deactivating my account and reactivating tonight - I got the "unknown type" message for each account, which seems consistent with other's experiences.  Their site still claims to support Quicken integration - I sent them a message.  If indeed they've discontinued support I'll have to switch credit unions.  I checked and Mission Federal CU still claims to support both DirectConnect and WebConnect methods.  I may be switching.
    edited July 2018
    I'm in a similar situation - haven't been able to download data for 14 days. All my other accounts download from other institutions just fine. I tried to get support from SDCCU via chat. As soon as I typed Quicken they told me they had no way to help me, and there was no group anywhere at SDCCU that could investigate the problem.

I'd hate to have to move to another CU just to get Quicken/MoneyDance support. If this is still broken after 30 days, I'll pick up everything and move to one of Fidelity brokerage, Mission Fed CU, Citi (YUCK!) or some other place. Probably  switch to MoneyDance, too.

Too bad, i've been with SDCCU for over 34 years...
  • edited October 2016
    I'm having the same problem. I tried resetting, de-activating and reactivating with no success. I keep getting "unknown type" error when I try reactivating the account. I was on with tech support for an hour or so with no success. Tech support is suppose to call me back after doing some research on the problem. SDCCU was no help at all. They said they have heard of the problem, but they do not offer tech support on Quicken issues.
  • Ducksoup_SDDucksoup_SD Member
    edited October 2016

I'm in a similar situation - haven't been able to download data for 14 days. All my other accounts download from other institutions just fine. I tried to get support from SDCCU via chat. As soon as I typed Quicken they told me they had no way to help me, and there was no group anywhere at SDCCU that could investigate the problem.

I'd hate to have to move to another CU just to get Quicken/MoneyDance support. If this is still broken after 30 days, I'll pick up everything and move to one of Fidelity brokerage, Mission Fed CU, Citi (YUCK!) or some other place. Probably  switch to MoneyDance, too.

@BenJohnson, @Tom.Perrine, I have the same problem, but I don't think it's all
    SDCCU's fault.  I say that because Quicken wants to change my account
    name to whatever the financial institution (FI) calls it instead of
    using my nickname.  I really don't care to try to remember my accounts
    by the marketing name that some FI dreamed up years ago -- I want to
    call it whatever I want.  But when Quicken sees a problem, one of the
    first things it does is wipe out my Quicken nickname and overwrite it
    with the FI's generic name.  I am also a long-time Quicken user and SDCCUer.  It doesn't just happen with SDCCU, it
    happens with Mission Fed CU, too, so moving there won't help you much (my aunt had some accounts at MFCU that I helped her with).  MFCU doesn't break as often, but it does break just like SDCCU.
    :(
    edited October 2016

I seem to recall that MFCU and SDCCU use the same backend software, configured a bit differently and different versions, but the same underlying system.

(Apparently a lot of CUs use it.)
  • edited October 2016

Yes, they use Symitar's back end. It was written by two guys I used to work with. They are now multimillionaires. Alas, I am not.
    edited October 2016

Interesting insight, thanks.  The last correspondence I had with SDCCU last week, they told me they knew there were issues but had never stated support or recommendation for Quicken - I pointed out to them they state an implied support on their homepage.  Do we know any SD area CU's who use a different/more friendly integration?  Mine also renamed my account in Quicken to the name in SDCCU's system, but that I could live with.  At this point it just is hung on the "unknown type" and refuses to set itself up. 
  • BVBV Member
    edited October 2016

I'm having the same issue again with both Mission federal credit union and SDCCU. This has been an issue for 3 weeks or more! I am ready to giv up on the credit unions.I have no problem with Chase
    edited October 2016

I wonder which back-end system Golden 1 uses?  I still have them from when I lived in Elk Grove - always consistent, works great.  I wish they were in SoCal - they'd be my exclusive! 

• edited October 2016

I'm having the same problem. I tried resetting, de-activating and reactivating with no success. I keep getting "unknown type" error when I try reactivating the account. I was on with tech support for an hour or so with no success. Tech support is suppose to call me back after doing some research on the problem. SDCCU was no help at all. They said they have heard of the problem, but they do not offer tech support on Quicken issues.

BTW San Diego Credit Union account is the only account with a problem connecting with Quicken. I have 5 or so various other accounts that have no problem connecting to Quicken with the 'One Step Update'.
    edited December 2016
    For what its worth - I got this response from Mission Federal Credit Union:
    Thank you for your email.

Although Mission Federal Credit Union currently supports
    the Quicken program we do have connectivity issues with the service from time
    to time.

As you may know Intuit sold Quicken recently and
    therefore their support for the product has dwindled making it difficult for us
    to trouble shoot whenever we encounter a connectivity issue.

My point being is,
    yes we do support the product but there are a lot of connectivity issues with
    Quicken which can cause frustration for those members who use the product.

If you would like to open an account with Mission Federal
    Credit Union you can do so online, by phone or at a branch location.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Mission Federal Credit Union

• Kathy BynumKathy Bynum Member
    edited December 2016

My problem started with Premier 2016 and AACU