Investing registers - Setting columns displayed.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
QW 2016 Premier R 10

Can Investing register columns be displayed/hidden as they are in Banking registers?

In particular; My brokerage registers have two columns next to each other "Security" and "Description" which display exactly the same thing.  I'd like to have the screen space back.

"Investing's" Register Views and preferences don't seem to have anything like "Banking's" Register colums...

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sounds like you have some installation or setup issues.  Security field should display only Security Name. Description should display Share Quantity and price/share for Buys and Sells, Blank for Div, Interest.  Should not be duplicate information.  

Dow you have the screen resolution or fonts set non-standard?

May need to reinstall the program and the latest update.  
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I see the duplicate fields for WriteChk & Withdraw transactions, but not for other transaction types. nsteffen1, do you really see duplicates on every investment transaction?

You cannot customize investment registers like you can banking registers.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    q.lurker said:

Sounds like you have some installation or setup issues.  Security field should display only Security Name. Description should display Share Quantity and price/share for Buys and Sells, Blank for Div, Interest.  Should not be duplicate information.  

Dow you have the screen resolution or fonts set non-standard?

May need to reinstall the program and the latest update.  

I just noticed that the duplicate (rather than blank) Security/Description lines were all:
    Action = "Div". Bought/Sold/ReinvDiv are quanity and price as you said.

Thank you for pointing that out.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Just like I mentioned above...all my dupes were Div's.  Other transactions had quanity/price data.  I just have a lot more Div's than other Actions so I didn't see anything other than Div.

Yup..I would love to be able to customize Investing registers too.  Now where was that suggestion box? :-)

Thanks
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Suggestion box is right here, but when you post, check "idea" instead of "problem". And start with a search to see if your idea has already been posted.
  • PutterFlutters
    PutterFlutters Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks...:-)
  • PutterFlutters
    PutterFlutters Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks...:-)

OBTW    PutterFlutters = nsteffen1 until I get the accounts straightened out.
This discussion has been closed.