Add ability to choose months/yearly data for budget prints/reports (43 Legacy Votes) (Q Mac)

Snoopy FC
Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Budget and Planning Tools
Budget printing capabilities are getting better but need more options.  Right now the 12 month budget report can be rescaled to fit onto fewer pages, but it prints all the monthly budgets and actuals spent and doesn't include an annual summary.  In QM2007, one could choose which months to print as well as an annual summary.  Could we add those options back in?  
QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
9 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released. QMAC-26045

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests Related to Budgets.
    You may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    I would request that you include an option in the budget report to just print the monthly budgeted columns and not an actual and difference column.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    For budgets, I would love to have YTD budgets. Right now I can only see where I am for the month and the full year which isn't really helpful until the year ends. 
  • Jim Hannah
    Jim Hannah Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Budget Reort.

I have Quicken 2017 for MAC and I want to do a budget report without exporting.  Right now you can do a budget report for 1 month or 12 months.  I want a report for year to end of current month(1-1-17 to 5-31-17}.  Does Quicken plan to have this. It was done in the older Quicken for Windows 2013.  If I pay a bill with a Bill Payment App. for the end of the month, it is not reflected in the the budget reports current available.
  • Helen Mills
    Helen Mills Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

For budgets, I would love to have YTD budgets. Right now I can only see where I am for the month and the full year which isn't really helpful until the year ends. 

I totally agree and have also requested this
  • Crashmeister
    Crashmeister Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QMac: Allow ending month selection on Budget View - currently has only YTD and fu....

The only options when viewing a budget are YTD and full year.
    So on 1st July I cannot see my budget vs actuals for Jan-Jun because July is already included. This is stupid.

Please allow the selection of  the ending month so we can see meaningful data.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • Jim Hannah
    Jim Hannah Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the 2018 release?  Thanks
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    It has not been fixed
  • Shelley@
    Shelley@ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Just checking in on this topic-- I have been using and loving much about Quicken for Mac, but am totally frustrated by the inability to customize budget reports, as described, or to do budgeted/actual reports as I could do (and did monthly!) in Windows. What is the status of this in Quicken for Mac? Is it in the development pipeline? How can we find out? 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Just checking in on this topic-- I have been using and loving much about Quicken for Mac, but am totally frustrated by the inability to customize budget reports, as described, or to do budgeted/actual reports as I could do (and did monthly!) in Windows. What is the status of this in Quicken for Mac? Is it in the development pipeline? How can we find out? 

Quicken will NEVER release it's future plans for improvement or bug fixes or added features. 
  • Shelley@
    Shelley@ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Fair enough-- no reason to give people extra reasons to get upset! If I follow this thread, am I likely to hear if and when such a feature has been released? And/or any other suggestions?  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Actually, it is not NEVER, but it is rare...and so no, you are not likely to know well in advance. The surest is to monitor the Release Notes here.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Shelley@
    Shelley@ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Sigh. I was afraid it might be something like that. Searching those notes is challenging, and almost always leads me back to this forum, to see if there are any updates.
  • Crashmeister
    Crashmeister Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

You can't release what you don't have
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled viewing budget for specific time frames.

Quicken 2018 - I'd like to see how I'm doing in my budget for different time frames. Right now, I can only see year-to-date, or each month individually. For example, it's May now, but I'd like to see how I did from January -April, now that those months are completed. Is there any way to adjust the time frame when viewing budget performance ? 
  • Harry5
    Harry5 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In the report "Current Budget" you can customize all dates and choose your own time frame.

• Shelley@
    Shelley@ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Could you clarify-- is this income/expense report available in Quicken 2018 for MAC? If so, I will pony up the $$ immediately! But my understanding is that this very old (and much used by me) Windows feature is not yet available on the Mac platform...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Could you clarify-- is this income/expense report available in Quicken 2018 for MAC? If so, I will pony up the $$ immediately! But my understanding is that this very old (and much used by me) Windows feature is not yet available on the Mac platform...

Sorry, Shelley,

@Harry posted a response that is valid only for Quicken for Windows.

This entire thread of messages is about Quicken for Mac which has yet to learn how to do what every Q Mac user is asking for ...

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

In the report "Current Budget" you can customize all dates and choose your own time frame.

this IDEA thread is for QMac since it does currently exist there.

• Shelley@
    Shelley@ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

It seemed too good to be true! It's important enough to me that I follow this thread, waiting hopefully for the feature to migrate to Mac.
  • thomas
    thomas Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I have the same Issue. I need to run a ytd budget for quarters. I believe Q for Windows had this years ago. Not sure. How hard can it be. 
    Nor I am havint to export to XLS and do to manually an big hassel.
  • ericg
    ericg Member ✭✭✭✭
    When viewing a budget, It has the summary column which currently starts in January and extends to the current month. As I write this it is March 7th so the summary column goes from "January to March".

It would be nice if this summary column could be show to the end of the last month. So, I would like it today to be from January to February.
  • jcbecci
    jcbecci Member
    Why can't you print a budget report using a "as-of" date?? For example, print your YTD->June budget (6 months) on say July 10th? The only thing I can think to do right now is be sure to remember on July 1 to print the budget before any more transactions come in....
  • Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.