401k balances in Quicken don't match the fund's balances.

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I messed up my 401k by deleting placeholder data, and now the balances in Quicken don't match the fund's balance. Does anyone know if there's a way to re-sync the transactions or start from scratch without losing all my previson data?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Can you restore from a previous time like right before?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    yea, that's what I think I'll have to do.  my backup is probably 4 or 5 days old so there will be a lot of transactions to reimport... but that's pretty painless. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Frank said:

yea, that's what I think I'll have to do.  my backup is probably 4 or 5 days old so there will be a lot of transactions to reimport... but that's pretty painless. 

If you have not done so already, it is a really good idea to set Quicken so it reminds you to do a backup every time you exit. I have a thumb drive permanently plugged in where these backups are stored. This is in addition to twice daily automatic online backups. This combination has saved my skin on numerous occasions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Use your 401(k) monthly or quarterly statements and manually reenter the missing Buy, etc. transactions in chronological order (oldest first).
    That should be less painful than reentering a week's worth of missing bank transactions and bringing all those current.
    In the future please resolve placeholder transactions the moment they pop up. Do not ignore them. They are like a toothache that won't go away.
This discussion has been closed.