Unable to update my Charles Schwab password.

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I am unable to update my Charles Schwab password when using special characters.  Charles Schwab website does allow the use of special characters.  Quicken needs to be updated.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

For your investment account, what is the connection method being used?
    (You can find the method by clicking the gear icon on the account in question, selecting
    'Edit Account Details' and then looking at the 'Online Services' tab.)

If the connection type is not Direct Connect, you can not use any of these special characters: \, /, <, & or >

Otherwise you should be ok.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

(You can find the method by clicking the gear icon on the account in question, selecting

If the connection type is not Direct Connect, you can not use any of these special characters: \, /, <, & or >

It is Direct Connect.  How can you change this and to what should I change it too?

Duane
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Try refreshing your FI branding.

Refresh Branding & Profile:

To resolve download issues in a Direct Connect account you'll need to
    refresh your Financial Institution's branding server and profile
    information. This can be done by following the directions below:

1. Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Hold down CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard and click Contact Info (at the top of the window) with your mouse.
    3. In the dialog box that is displayed, select the problem account from the drop down menu.
    4. With the account selected, check  the box for Financial Institution Branding and Profile and click on the Refresh button.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each account that is having problems.
    6. Click the Update/Send button at the top of the Online Center to complete the connection.
    You may have to deactivate and then reactivate the account.
    Plus after you do the above close Quicken and reopen just to make sure it takes.

Like always make sure you make a copy of your data file before you make any changes.

See also https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add...

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Not sure why you would want to change from Direct Connect (DC).

A DC account does not restrict your use of special characters and out of the three ways to download transactions, is the best and most error-free method.

jl747 says below to refresh the FI branding.

This discussion has been closed.