security name does not appear when I try to add a transaction

David Nicholas Sargeaunt
David Nicholas Sargeaunt Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When I try to enter a transaction in my money market investment account the names of the stocks for this account do not appear in the drop down box although they are shown on the list of securities in the "Holdings" and the Security List. I am using Quicken 2016 Premier and Windows 10.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Do you have your money market investment account set up as a Single Mutual Fund?  

Right click on your account from the Account sidebar.  Select "Edit/delete account".  On the General tab, change Single mutual fund account to "No".  

See if that helps. 
  • David Nicholas Sargeaunt
    edited January 2017
    The Account Type is called "Brokerage" and there is no place to change Single mutual fund to "No" Thanks for your assistance.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Can you send a screen shot of that account details?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This isn't about the Quicken entries, but I thought you don't have securities in a money market. Isn't mm a security or fund in an investment account? Not the type of Account. Which broker or company?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

edited October 2018
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    In the Quicken Security List, what security type is shown for the money market fund?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Are you trying to input a security transaction into "Thincats"?  OR, into the linked checking account that was created by "Show Cash in a checking account"?

ONLY cash transactions go into that checking account.  Any real security transactions go in the brokerage account (Thincats).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

edited March 2017
    Non of them were shown when I opened the list but when I clicked the "show hidden securities" box they appeared at "Money Market" and also came up when I tried to enter transactions into the account! I am not sure why they were hidden in the Securities list? Many thanks for your assistance.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Non of them were shown when I opened the list but when I clicked the "show hidden securities" box they appeared at "Money Market" and also came up when I tried to enter transactions into the account! I am not sure why they were hidden in the Securities list? Many thanks for your assistance.

Does unhiding the security make the security visible in the transaction entry form?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If your showing Cash that's in the brokerage account in a separate checking account ... WHY do you need the Money Market security also?  Cash would be in one or the other ... not both.

In effect, the entire "Linked Checking Account" IS the Money Market Fund.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.