I have an invest acct and an IRA acct. I entered a transact in the wrong acct. I cannot delete the

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account and an IRA account. I entered a transaction in the wrong account. I cannot delete the transaction how do I correct this error?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What year version and operating system are you using?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mshiggins said:

Also, how did you enter the transaction and how are you trying to delete the transaction?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mshiggins said:

And what happens when you try to delete it?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You should be able to right click on the transaction and select Delete Transaction from the drop down menu. Also, make sure the entry didn't come from a Split Transaction from another account.
  • Cynthia J Hoffman
    Cynthia J Hoffman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    BruceG said:

You should be able to right click on the transaction and select Delete Transaction from the drop down menu. Also, make sure the entry didn't come from a Split Transaction from another account.

I am doing a similar thing. Imported transactions and had to add the value for a few investments. I changed one, and missed the decimal, so it looks like I have a LOT more invested than the value. I am on a MacBook Air using Quicken 2017 for the Mac. I cannot right click or edit in anyway. The only option I see is to reimport. Any other ideas?
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    BruceG said:

It sounds as if you have a problem performing the right click to get the pop up menu with the delete option. I am making the assumption that you are using the MacBook trackpad.

If so, I would suggest checking System Preferences->Trackpad->Point and Click tab for how your system is configured to do this. It may be CTL-Click, Click with two fingers, or click in the bottom right corner.

Next check and see if you can right click on the blank desktop to get a menu. If you can do this try again on the transaction in the Account Transactions view. If you can get a right click menu anywhere but Quicken I would suggest calling Quicken and open a bug report.

I hope this helps.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    BruceG said:

CTL-Click should work if two finger click does not.
This discussion has been closed.