Downloaded transactions not recognized by Quicken for MAC

Options
gary
gary Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Recent migration from Quicken (Windows 2017) to Quicken for MAC (17).

Securities downloaded in a direct connect to my investment accounts after migration appears all capitalized i.e. FIDELITY SECURITY XYZ instead of the usual Fidelity Security XYZ seen in Quicken.  Quicken for MAC doesn't recognize this as the same security and in order to agree with the online balance Removes those shares capitalized and replace it with the same shares where only the first letter of each word is capitalized.  

I have spoken with both financial institution and intuit with each claiming it is due to "the other guy".  How do I get Quicken for MAC to recognize each as the same security, or better yet have the downloaded and recognized being the same.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Open the Securities window (menu Window > Securities). Merge the lower case ones with the UPPER case ones, choosing the UPPER case version. From then on, only use the UPPER case version and all should be fine.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RickO,

Thanks, I think that this should work.  But before I attempt it, are you sure that the all upper case version coming from Fidelity (direct connect) is the preferred rather than the lower case version which seems to be recognized by Quicken for MAC.  I don't want to get this wrong and have to figure out how to undo.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well, always before doing a big edit like this, make a copy of your data file and do it there "just in case".

But I can tell you that I have extensive holdings with Fidelity and they are all in UPPER case in my database. Everything matches up with the Fidelity website and all quotes download properly. I use Direct Connect with Fidelity.

And, BTW, I don't think Quicken is supposed to be considering security names differing only in capitalization to be different securities. If you try to create two securities, ABCD and abcd, it will not let you. I think once you get the upper and lower case versions combined, everything will be fine.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.