How do I change column widths in 2017 Deluxe on Windows 10.

How do I change column widths in 2017 Deluxe on Windows 10. Tech support says grab the vertical line in the header and drag. Doesnt work. The register is probably 30% wider than screen. I'm at highest resolution.

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    "Tech support says grab the vertical line in the header and drag. Doesnt work. "

First off if you are talking about an investment account register and you have a High DPI screen, make sure you are on R4 (R3 and below have some problems in this area).  (Help -> About Quicken).

Next you say it doesn't work, can you make the column larger?
    If so it does work and the problem is that you want it smaller than the min size allowed for a given field.
    Also if you are trying to change the width of a column on the second row, you can't do that.
    You change the width of the "parent" column in the first row.

Last you didn't say what resolution is your max.  You also didn't say if you are using "Large Fonts" or some Windows scaling (right click Desktop -> Display settings -> any number other than 100% for the text and items sizes)

It is very possible to be at max resolution and just not have a lot of space to spare.
    One thing you can do to save horizontal space is collapse the Account bar (click on the triangle icon by ACCOUNTS.
  • Rusty DockeryRusty Dockery Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks again! Trick was in adjusting the FIRST row. Support had me trying to slide the vertical beside TAG which was in SECOND row. Amazing how you get tunnel vision. Otherwise, I'm on R4, highest resolution, 100% text size and reasonably happy ... except my main desktop achieved blue screen yesterday. Still running scans to autopsy.
  • Tim SouleTim Soule Member
    edited February 2017

Thanks again! Trick was in adjusting the FIRST row. Support had me trying to slide the vertical beside TAG which was in SECOND row. Amazing how you get tunnel vision. Otherwise, I'm on R4, highest resolution, 100% text size and reasonably happy ... except my main desktop achieved blue screen yesterday. Still running scans to autopsy.

I have the same problem?  I need to readjust Category, Tag and Memo columns, but can't change them! 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

In two line mode you can not directly change the width of those fields.  They will be automatically sized based on the  size of the Payee field.

Note in one line mode you can change them directly.  And if you turn one of the fields off in two line mode the remaining field will fill up the remaining space.
This discussion has been closed.