investment income not showing up on P&L

DMVantastic
DMVantastic Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I created a new investment account. When I enter dividends received they don't show up on my P&L. All the older investment accounts report dividends correctly. I even copied an old transaction to the new investment account and updated it for the correct specifics. No dice. My current earnings disagree with my P&L by the aggregated amount of dividends earned from the new investment.
A related problem is that another mutual fund returned some of our investment by means of a check. I selected the RtrnCapX option. Once again, current earnings disagree with the P&L to the extent of the returned capital.
It appears that these transactions are not linked within my P&L report for some reason. I can't distribute my financial statements until this is fixed. Help!

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    What version of Quicken are you using, on what operating system and in what country?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DMVantastic
    DMVantastic Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    QuickenWindow / Windows 10 / Parallels Desktop for Mac v12.1.3 

• DMVantastic
    DMVantastic Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    U.S.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I assume your P&L report is based on one of the standard Quicken reports. Click on the gear icon to customize the report and make sure the new investment account is selected to be included in the report. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DMVantastic
    DMVantastic Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for such a simple fix! I went into the P&L and selected all Accounts and all Categories and that addressed the problem. For some reason "all" was not set as the default.
    It's like checking the plug when the computer won't turn on. Wish I had thought of it myself. I really appreciate your help, Jim.
This discussion has been closed.