brokerage accounts update total, but doesn't show any transactions

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am using Quicken Home and Office 2016.  I have used Quicken for years with no problem, but over the last couple weeks when I use One Step Update, the totals for each brokerage account update, but no new transactions appear for me to accept.  There is no error message, and the accounts seem to be updating normally in the "update progress" window, and then I get "One Step Update Complete" window with all greens by the accounts.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Do your investment account(s) have a linked cash account, and have a red flag on them?
    If so you might have run into the bug introduced in Quicken 2016 R11.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2017-doesnt-show-downloaded-transactions
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Note there is this new thread on the same problem (but this one calls out Quicken 2016 R11 in the title):
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2016-r11-downloaded-transactions-issue
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks--I checked out the threads and this seems to be my exact problem, but I don't see a solution in the threads.  I looked in my online center and can see the transactions there, but not available in the register.  Also, there is a quicken update available for me, but each time I try to get the update, it fails.  Not sure if there is a fix in the update????  Thanks again--I appreciate any help!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rick said:

Thanks--I checked out the threads and this seems to be my exact problem, but I don't see a solution in the threads.  I looked in my online center and can see the transactions there, but not available in the register.  Also, there is a quicken update available for me, but each time I try to get the update, it fails.  Not sure if there is a fix in the update????  Thanks again--I appreciate any help!

The workaround is to toggle the automatic entering of transactions option on and and then off.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded Transactions -> Automatically add to banking registers

This option is like press Accept All in the Downloaded Transactions tab in the linked cash account (which because of the bug you can't get to).

As for an update, for Quicken 2016, R11 is the latest update there should be another, but you can install it manually from this link:
    http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/quicken-update-files/GEN82197.html
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rick said:

Thanks for the tip--it did work for me.  I have downloaded the update....just am thinking about whether to install it or not.  I don't want to update and then have new bugs to deal with.  Thanks so much for your help QPW!!!!
This discussion has been closed.