Quicken 2016 R11 Downloaded Transactions Issue

Comments

• DQKNDQKN Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm also having this problem for my Fidelity brokerage and linked cash account the day after upgrading to R11. I did the usual copy, validate with no errors and tried an older backup file without success. I also tried deactivating and reactivating my brokerage account with the old backup file without success. I could not deactivate/reactivate with the current data file because the stuck transactions would not allow the account to be deactivated.

Hours later I found this thread and per the info above (thanks everyone!) I edited my brokerage account and turned on automatic downloads. The 3 stuck cash transactions were immediately accepted. I then turned automatic downloads off for this account.

I'm assuming the bug will to cause this problem every time there is a linked cash transaction unless I keep automatic downloads turned on all the time, which I don't want.

Please Quicken support have this bug quickly fixed. Thanks.
  • dnelsondnelson Member
    edited March 2017

Try toggling Auto Add to Registers/Auto Add to Lists between On and Off...if On, turn Off and vice versa...then run a Validate & Repair (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File) before changing those settings back.

This patch (and the one before) resolved a long-standing issue of the flag appearing with no data to Accept. If your file was in this state before the patch, the patch could present that flag for you to take the toggle action and fix the file before it is fully resolved.

Doing the above fixed it for me.

• Rudy SRudy S Member
    edited March 2017

I, too, am having the same problem. Spent a few hours with Support staff yesterday who offered up (1) the "Automatically accept downloaded transactions" workaround described above to get access to the transactions stuck in the ether (that worked), (2) to turn off the auto download switch because from that point forward transactions would download an be visible in the investment account register, and (3) that the transactions reviewed in the investment account register, once Accepted, would appear in the cash account register. Sorry to say that did not happen. The change/bug from the pre-R11 update still exists.

I finally fixed my problem with transaction downloading. I uninstalled Quicken using Qclean.exe, unplugged my internet cable (so automatic updates won't give me R11 back) and reinstalled Quicken. I then ran the R10 update, QW2016R10MPatch.exe which got me back to Quicken 2016 R10. It took a lot googling to find this patch. Quicken support does not keep copies of patches (how dumb is that?). Fortunately QPW here in this forum pointed me to the link. Here is the link to a site that keep numerous patches for the various versions of Quicken: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.htm
    QPW (from above), thank you sooooooo much !!
  • K CashK Cash Member
    edited March 2017
    Agree, I have these type of transactions daily.  Hope for a real fix soon
  • Rudy SRudy S Member
    edited March 2017

Technically he is correct... the investment account does the download, but the transactions show up in the linked checking account. So, he is telling half the truth and he is still mistaken. :) :)

Please do post the R10 link. Can't wait to roll back..,

The link to R10 and many other patches is:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Going back to R10 worked for me. I am not going to update again until patch R12
  • BillBill Member
    edited March 2017

Technically he is correct... the investment account does the download, but the transactions show up in the linked checking account. So, he is telling half the truth and he is still mistaken. :) :)

If I und. correctly, you can't prevent it from auto updating to R11.  They force it, you can't disable it.
  • Rudy SRudy S Member
    edited March 2017

Bill, you can and here is how. Uninstall Quicken, unplug you internet cable so you have no access, load you dvd and reinstall Quicken. It will reinstall it until it wants to call for patches, which it can't get to and it will be done. Then run the QW2016R10MPatch.exe. Don't forget to plug your cable back in.
  • BillBill Member
    edited March 2017

Thanks Rudy. I und... but won't it just do R11 next time you open Qkn?
    This link has a workaround by enabling UAC...
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-do-i-stop-quicken-2017-from-automatically-in...
  • Rudy SRudy S Member
    edited March 2017

No Bill, Quicken will always ask to have the next update installed. Just ignore R11 and wait for R12. Make you have Internet disabled when you reinstall Quicken.
  • Jim EhlingerJim Ehlinger Member
    edited March 2017
    This is definitely an R11 issue as identified. I was testing it with using the same data file on my PC with R11, the linked account download tabs are missing. I bring the same file up on my Surface Pro 3 which has R10 and everything works perfectly. And my PC quicken version began this error when I installed R11.

I spent 3 1/2 hours with tech support at Quicken last night to have 2 different tech people keep telling me it was normal not to have the linked checking account have the tabs. I told them at least a dozen times that it is not normal. I have been using Quicken since 1992 with the old DOS version and linked checking accounts since 1999 with my Fidelity Brokerage accounts.

They finally acknowledged tonight that it was a R11 release and directed me to this page. They did not give me any time line on a fix at all. So all pretty frustrating.     
  • geek ladygeek lady Member
    edited April 2018

the Quicken team is definitely ignoring posts on the Cloud Sync issues

uninstall using the QcleanUI https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken 

then go to http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html and download R10 Release R10 Mondo

then reinstall 2016, but disable your internet connection first so it won't update. don't run Quicken, install the Mondo from above, then open your QDF, or better, a QDF that was backed up before you installed the bad R11 patch .

• BillBill Member
    edited March 2017
    geek lady said:

uninstall using the QcleanUI https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken 

then go to http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html and download R10 Release R10 Mondo

then reinstall 2016, but disable your internet connection first so it won't update. don't run Quicken, install the Mondo from above, then open your QDF, or better, a QDF that was backed up before you installed the bad R11 patch .

I can confirm that this solution works.  Just as Rudy S had posted previously.
  • BillBill Member
    edited March 2017

You are quite correct, Rudy S.  Thanks for posting.
  • GeneGene Member
    edited March 2017
    geek lady said:

Thanks.  Mostly worked for me.  The Bill Reminders tab is back, but the downloaded transaction tab is mostly hidden behind the bill reminders tab.  Same as if I had used R7 which is what a straight reinstall without updates would get you.  Thanks.
  • Kore PetersonKore Peterson Member
    edited October 2018
    After hours online with support and trying many different things. I was told I would have to pay for an upgrade to solve the issue. It doesn't feel right when a company breaks a working product and wants me to shoulder the burden for a fix.  #quickenfail
    edited March 2017

After hours online with support and trying many different things. I was told I would have to pay for an upgrade to solve the issue. It doesn't feel right when a company breaks a working product and wants me to shoulder the burden for a fix.  #quickenfail

Were you really advised that to fix 2016 R11 issues that you needed to upgrade to 2017?
  • Kore PetersonKore Peterson Member
    edited March 2017

Yes, that was the solution given to me in the end.
    edited March 2017

I'd give 99 to 1 odds that upgrading to 2017 would NOT fix the issue. They have a 60 day no questions asked refund guarantee. And the QDF data files are supposed to be compatible with both 2016 and 2017.

HOWEVER, if you have a back-up QDF from before you installed R11, it would REALLY be worth it to uninstall as above and go back to R10 and open that backup QDF and see if the issue is resolved.

• edited October 2018
    I had this problem a few years ago. There was a solution posted in the knowledgebase (seemingly trashed with Q's move to getsatisfaction.com - a misnomer if there ever was one - that involved starting from the errant downloads sitting in Online Center. But I can no longer recall the steps and no combination of keys seems to do work. 

Oh well. I'll simply wait the **** out. :)
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited March 2017

I had this problem a few years ago. There was a solution posted in the knowledgebase (seemingly trashed with Q's move to getsatisfaction.com - a misnomer if there ever was one - that involved starting from the errant downloads sitting in Online Center. But I can no longer recall the steps and no combination of keys seems to do work. 

Oh well. I'll simply wait the **** out. :)

The problem with "red flag problems" is in fact depending on what version (and that include R version like R10 or R11, makes a difference for this problem in Quicken 2016) there are various problems, and as such various workarounds/fixes.
  • DQKNDQKN Member
    edited March 2017
    I've enabled automatic transaction download for my brokerage account with the linked cash account. I'll see how that works out before I decide to uninstall R11 and reinstall R10. Thanks to quicknperlwiz for hosting the Quicken releases.

For those that have uninstalled R11, did you first run Windows Add/Remove Programs and then run qcleanui or did you use qcleanui from the beginning to remove R11?

Also, has anyone noticed any problems with running a R11 data file on Quicken R10 and then saving it under R10?

Thanks.
  • BillBill Member
    edited October 2018
    I just did the uninstall via Control Panel. Never used qcleanui.  Although I did do a registry clean before the reinstall.
    So far (limited time) I've noticed no problems using my R11 backup file loaded into R10 post-reinstall.
    BTW, no problem with the license on the reinstall... it is in the data file, so when you restore the data file, it will bring in the license, validation, password vault etc.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    A regular uninstall should be all that is needed, but do note my warning above if you are using the Online Bills presentment features.  (R10 uses old service provider, R11 uses new, conversion going forward is supported, but not going backwards)
  • mjkmjk Member
    edited October 2018
    Having the same problem as Phil with my Merrill Lynch linked accounts.  Went back to R10 a few days ago and all was fine until Quicken decided to update itself automatically an hour ago.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited March 2017
    mjk said:

Having the same problem as Phil with my Merrill Lynch linked accounts.  Went back to R10 a few days ago and all was fine until Quicken decided to update itself automatically an hour ago.

If you set Windows User Access Controls (UAC) in the control panel so that Windows asks before installing programs, you can block the update.  Of course that might be quite annoying since they will continue to want to do the update pretty much every time you start Quicken.
  • John StimsonJohn Stimson Member
    edited March 2017

Try toggling Auto Add to Registers/Auto Add to Lists between On and Off...if On, turn Off and vice versa...then run a Validate & Repair (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File) before changing those settings back.

This patch (and the one before) resolved a long-standing issue of the flag appearing with no data to Accept. If your file was in this state before the patch, the patch could present that flag for you to take the toggle action and fix the file before it is fully resolved.

Unfortunately that did not bring back the Downloaded Transactions pane below the transaction register.  

I vaguely recall having the Downloaded Transactions pane disappear for this account before, and trying the same thing to get it back.  That might have been what fixed it, the previous time.  This time, no joy.
  • BillBill Member
    edited March 2017

The pane is only there when you have a red flag (transactions for review)... I think.  If you don't have any, don't bail out until you download new transactions.  Works this way for me anyway.
  • patmanpatman Member
    edited March 2017

That's how it should work - since R11 I have a red flag but no downloaded transactions pane for my linked account at Wells Fargo. Other accounts (e.g. credit cards) are fine. Are you sure you are looking at a brokerage linked cash account and are running 2016R11?
  • Bob TaylorBob Taylor Member
    edited March 2017
    mjk said:

I was having the same problem with my Fidelity linked accounts. Followed the instructions above and loaded my R11 file. Seems to be working OK. I had a little trouble on the first startup with the program closing without opening the data file, so I went to the top menu and opened it from there. As soon as I logged in to my Intuit account, all seemed ok. Thanks for the help. Auto update was not a good fix.
  • John StimsonJohn Stimson Member
    edited March 2017

I got my red flag, and verified that it was not associated with a transaction on the investment side of the account, and verified that the transaction was visible in the Online Center downloaded transactions list.  The Downloaded Transactions pane at the bottom of the transaction register of the cash side of the account is still not visible.  I had to accept the transaction via the "automatic entry" work-around.