Problem with downloaded transactions showing both as "bought" and "sold". Quicken Windows

Jeff Armin
Jeff Armin Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I'm using Q17, version R4, build 26.1.4.5.  I recently opened an account a Vanguard, and I have only downloaded transactions into that account.  I have never entered a transaction there manually.  At the beginning of this month, I moved some of those funds around, and after doing that my downloaded transactions have been showing a red flag at the account name, and 3 red pencils next to some transactions that are listed as "Bought" in the action column.  Hovering over the pencils says that these are manually entered transactions not matched to a downloaded transaction (again, I've never manually entered any transactions here).  Looking in the Online Center for that account, those same transactions are listed as "Sold" in the Activity column.  I've clicked on "Compare to List" with no luck.  There is nothing in the Downloaded Transactions to accept.  Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Jeff, does the investment account have a linked cash account in Quicken?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Is this preference on?
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Automatically add to investment transaction lists
  • Jeff Armin
    Jeff Armin Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    mshiggins - No, the account is not linked, but see answer below.

QPW - Thanks, but the problem was solved yesterday.  I had been reading about red flag issues from other users, but didn't realize (or else I just missed it) that you needed to adjust those settings in both the account register preferences and  the Tools ->Account List->Account Details->Online Services.  Once I got those set correctly, the problem disappeared.   
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

mshiggins - No, the account is not linked, but see answer below.

QPW - Thanks, but the problem was solved yesterday.  I had been reading about red flag issues from other users, but didn't realize (or else I just missed it) that you needed to adjust those settings in both the account register preferences and  the Tools ->Account List->Account Details->Online Services.  Once I got those set correctly, the problem disappeared.   

Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.