Quicken 2017: How do I reverse an "Adjust Share Balance" transaction that was entered by mistake?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Delete it in the register.  Or revert to a backup file prior to entering the adjustment.

But deleting any transaction is a simple procedure.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Lester,

I'm sorry if this has caused and inconvenience. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken 2017 product (QWin or QMac), and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada. 

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Dave, I am using the US version of Quicken 2017 Home and Business (Windows), Version R4, Build 26.1.4.5.  Note I did try to find the transaction that adjusted the shares, but couldn't find it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Lester said:

Hi Dave, I am using the US version of Quicken 2017 Home and Business (Windows), Version R4, Build 26.1.4.5.  Note I did try to find the transaction that adjusted the shares, but couldn't find it.

If you click EDIT, Preferences, Investment Transactions ... is "Show Hidden Transactions" checked?

If not, and you check it, NOW can you find the transaction(s)?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Lester said:

That did the trick, thank you
This discussion has been closed.