QWin 2017: Investment download gapss

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2017 H&B R5 Windows 10

Last night, 3/28 Downloads worked fine. All investment prices were updated and accurate.

This morning 3/19 R5 was offered and installed. Everything seemed to go well. I hadn't seen any of the problems associated with R5 here today. I ran another OSU and noticed that about half the mutual funds reverted to the previous day 3/27 closing prices. There did not seem to be any logic to which ones were or weren't. I manually put in the correct prices. Verified them with the two brokerages involved.

This evening ran an OSU and noticed that none of the mutual funds with two of the brokerages updated. This never happened before. I logged on to each of the brokerages and did in fact find updated prices for those funds, There were no error indications within Quicken. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

I am suspecting R5, but will contain my anger for a few days to see if this is an anomaly or another Quicken unfix. 

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I remember sometime back Quicken Tamara went through what price entries overrode which.
    And if I remember correctly manual entries always override any downloaded prices for that day.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree that is the way it should be. What happened here first was independent of manual inputs, there weren't any when the strange changes first occurred. And at the second occurrence, or lack thereof was a failure to update. Ill report end of day today, An overnight dividend reinvestment did get updated this morning.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hershey said:

I agree that is the way it should be. What happened here first was independent of manual inputs, there weren't any when the strange changes first occurred. And at the second occurrence, or lack thereof was a failure to update. Ill report end of day today, An overnight dividend reinvestment did get updated this morning.

Note, I wasn't trying to diminish the first problem, just explaining why you didn't get the update at the end of the day.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hershey said:

Wasn't conflicting with you. Just trying to clarify. Hoping for a positive result this evening and then will just write it off as a one time glitch, maybe because of the R5 update not being fully initialized. I can make up lots of theories with out any data to confirm or refute.<g>
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hershey said:

'Hoping for a positive result this evening and then will just write it off as a one time glitch,'

And it has so been written off. Whatever it was has resolved itself.
This discussion has been closed.