Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

I would really like Quicken Home & Business for Mac

Rafael Rosario: Quicken used to be part of Intuit, but it's an independent company now. QuickBooks is an Intuit product, but Quicken is not.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

PLEASE! 

I have to install and maintain Parallels virtual machine on my Mac, JUST FOR QUICKEN Home and Business. It costs me time, money and space (not to mention aggravation) for Parallels. I have been using QH&B for years and appreciate the business tools very much. As a small business owner, I would love to see QH&B for the Mac!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I very much need QH&B for Mac!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

me too!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

This seems like something that should have been out years ago but I would like Quicken H&B for mac as well 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Am tired of fighting to try and get it to function 
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

I agree it will not be made available.  They want Online Apps and I don't trust online completely. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I can't believe we even have to ask for this!  Of course, we want it.  
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Alicia, they know some people want it. They need to try to estimate how many thousands of people want it and will buy it before committing to devote thousands of hours of time and hundreds of thousands of dollars to building it. 
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Am tired of fighting to try and get it to function 
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

You just agreed with your own comment from 3 weeks ago; glad you still agree with yourself!

That said, I don't know what you're basing your guesswork on. Intuit, the former parent of Quicken, decided to focus on online programs -- Mint and Quickbooks -- and spun off Quicken because it was a desktop program that didn't fit their focus on online products. The ownership and management of the now-independent Quicken company may in the future develop some online services, but 100% of the company's revenue comes from the sale of their desktop programs, and they know that many of their users want their data to remain in their desktops, not online. It seems highly unlikely they will move away from the current Quicken products anytime soon.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

it appears that this is just a sounding board nobody is really looking at this
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

I would suspect it has low visibility since the Quicken folks have their hands full getting Quicken for Mac ups to speed capability wise with QM2007 & Quicken for Windows
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

@Parker Crew: yes, this thread is a sounding board, but you're incorrect to assume no on is looking at it. I know this is a long thread, but if you take a sec to scroll all the way to the top, or just click here, you will see the first reply in this thread is from product manager Marcus, who explicitly asked users to post here if they are interested in Quicken Home & Business for the Mac.

There has never been a Mac version of H&B before, and Marcus makes clear that they have more work to do on the core Quicken Mac product before they can even consider creating a H&B version -- but the purpose of this thread is exactly to be a sounding board for Quicken management on this issue. Marcus isn't going to respond to ever vote or plea for such a program, but since he asked people to express their interest here, he presumably is looking at the responses from time to time, or when they periodically review their long-term product development roadmap.
  • Shari Tresky
    Shari Tresky Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes, I would love Quicken for Mac Home and Business
  • Rafael Estrella
    Rafael Estrella Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Suppose that the Home and Business version would be introduced as an online service, similar to Quickbooks online thats used for small business today.   This should give Quicken the ongoing revenue it needs to hire and retain developers and also provide funds for future releases.   I personally would not mind paying for $9.95 per month subscription for a cloud based solution with unlimited storage.
  • jacobs
    edited January 2018
    @Rafael: that's not a bad idea, but it would be something completely new for Quicken to develop. Most of us assume that if they do a Home & Business version for Mac, it would be similar to the Windows version -- an extension of the existing core Quicken product. Creating an online service would require starting program development from scratch, and I don't think they're likely to do that. Also, while you would be happy with an online service, there are many Quicken users who want their data stored locally and not in the cloud.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Suppose that the Home and Business version would be introduced as an online service, similar to Quickbooks online thats used for small business today.   This should give Quicken the ongoing revenue it needs to hire and retain developers and also provide funds for future releases.   I personally would not mind paying for $9.95 per month subscription for a cloud based solution with unlimited storage.

That is an excellent idea. 
  • Rafael Estrella
    Rafael Estrella Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

@Rafael: that's not a bad idea, but it would be something completely new for Quicken to develop. Most of us assume that if they do a Home & Business version for Mac, it would be similar to the Windows version -- an extension of the existing core Quicken product. Creating an online service would require starting program development from scratch, and I don't think they're likely to do that. Also, while you would be happy with an online service, there are many Quicken users who want their data stored locally and not in the cloud.

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I agree that it would require resources and planning to design and implement a cloud based solution.  Since they already have Quickbooks online, perhaps they can use a copy of that platform as a starting point for their design work.  
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    QuickBooks is owned by Intuit. Quicken is no longer part of Intuit so the comments about QuickBooks should not apply
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

@Rafael: Ah, now I see the point of confusion. Quicken used to be owned by Intuit, which also develops Quickbooks. But Intuit no longer owns Quicken; Quicken is a separate company. So Quicken cannot use or build on Quickbooks for any development.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Would love to have QH&B for Mac.  I just had to add windows to my Mac.  Would have been much easier if available for MAC
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Last year I switched to a MAC and I have used Quicken for my personal finances (Quicken Premier) for 7 years.  I purchased Quicken for MAC and it was terrible.  It did not function like the Windows version which surprised me. It got to the point where I switched to Banktivity which is written for MAC.  I used that for about 6 months and it still was cumbersome tracking net worth and inputting bills and matching transactions. Finally, I gave up and had my son setup a Windows virtual machine on my MAC and now use Quicken for Windows and I am much happier--at least until I downloaded Q2017 R5 and it totally crashed the program so I had to re-install Q2016
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Absolutely want it!  Been hoping for years.
  • Michael Leonard
    Michael Leonard Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I had to buy parallels just to get QHB for Windows.. 
    please please.. we need it desperately. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES please!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I just purchased a Mac only because I wanted to use it for home and small business. Disappointed that there is not a program for H & B.  I can't believe the need hasn't come up a long time ago.  I hope a program is available soon!
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Lisa, thanks for adding your comment; hopefully the management team has been monitoring the comments that continue to be added here. If you haven't done so, though, you might want to read some of the rest of this thread to understand why such a product is unlikely to come very soon.
  • louissteinhauer
    louissteinhauer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I do not expect everyone to have the result I have had but I discovered that Quicken 2017 for the Mac will let me drop Quicken for Windows.  I have been running Fusion on my Mac just to have Home and Business so I could get P & L reports.  I was discussing an issue with tech support and I expressed my frustration with having to run Windows for Quicken H & B.  He showed me how I could get the report I needed in Q2017 for the Mac!!  It works for me.  I am free of the PC.  You may want to call tech support with specific needs and see what happens.  Good luck!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes. Me, too. Like others I only use Paralells for Quicken Home and Business and have been pretty desperate to get rid of it - I only found this thread because I was looking for alternatives to H&B on a Mac. If you create it, it will solve my problems and I won't leave Intuit.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes PLEASE!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

With Outlook 2016 for Mac being close to feature parity with Outlook for Windows, not having Quicken Home & Business for Mac is the last thing keeping my dad from switching to Mac. Were Home and Business to be released, and be mostly feature parity early on, I suspect he would switch immediately.