No Manual Match dialog box after selecting "Match to a downloaded transaction"

I have a manually entered transaction that is marked "uncleared".  There is a downloaded transaction with the same date and exact $ amount.  When I click on "uncleared" on the unmatched transaction I get the usual
"match to a downloaded transaction" popup. However when I click on the
"match to a downloaded transaction" button within the popup the "match to a downloaded transaction" popup disappears and I never am
given a manual match dialog box that would allow me to match the manual transaction to the downloaded transaction.

I am using
Starter Edition
Release R 8 (25.1.8.5)

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• dranobob
    dranobob Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I haven't seen this specific issue.  So here are a few generic ideas:
    • Have you tried closing and reopening Quicken?
    • Have you tried to doing a Validate and Repair (Go to File menu -> File Operations -> Validate and Repair -> Check Validate file -> Click Ok.
    • Have you tried restarting computer and reopening Quicken.
    Worst case you can manually clear translation if you'd like.  Right Click transaction -> Reconcile -> Cleared.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    You have already marked the downloaded transaction "Reviewed", you can't match a reviewed transaction.
  • dranobob
    dranobob Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

You have already marked the downloaded transaction "Reviewed", you can't match a reviewed transaction.

Shouldn't the match window still appear even if it you can't perform a match?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I clicked on the "me too" button, but I wanted to add a comment. I've had problems with matching manual entries to downloaded transactions going back many years (current QW2017 Premier R3- Windows 10 Pro). I've never had success trying to solve the issue except by deleting one of the transactions. In my case the issue arises when I've made an Online payment via my bank, which will appear in my bank register as a future transaction along with an entry to the corresponding transfer account (usually credit card) register. When the paid party (credit card) clears the transaction a NEW entry appears in the bank register. Despite being identical amounts to identical payees, I've been unsuccessful having Quicken recognize that the payments are the same. Why? Well the answer lies looking a little further into the transaction. My bank posting the original payment has one Quicken transaction ID while the actual cleared payment has another...it's maddening and so far neither Intuit nor the new company have been able to rectify the situation. 

This is just an observation based on my experience, not a solution by any means
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    QuicknPerlWiz, Thanks for the answer.  Is there a way to revert a transaction status to new so I can match the transactions that I have already reviewed or do I just have to delete one of the transactions?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

QuicknPerlWiz, Thanks for the answer.  Is there a way to revert a transaction status to new so I can match the transactions that I have already reviewed or do I just have to delete one of the transactions?

No, there is no way to revert it.  But in truth you can just fix it by doing what dranobob suggested and just set the manual transaction to cleared, and delete the downloaded one.  Or if you like do it the other way around, just fix/delete the one that is more convenient.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I clicked on the "me too" button, but I wanted to add a comment. I've had problems with matching manual entries to downloaded transactions going back many years (current QW2017 Premier R3- Windows 10 Pro). I've never had success trying to solve the issue except by deleting one of the transactions. In my case the issue arises when I've made an Online payment via my bank, which will appear in my bank register as a future transaction along with an entry to the corresponding transfer account (usually credit card) register. When the paid party (credit card) clears the transaction a NEW entry appears in the bank register. Despite being identical amounts to identical payees, I've been unsuccessful having Quicken recognize that the payments are the same. Why? Well the answer lies looking a little further into the transaction. My bank posting the original payment has one Quicken transaction ID while the actual cleared payment has another...it's maddening and so far neither Intuit nor the new company have been able to rectify the situation. 

Interesting.  I don't use Online payment so I have not encountered this one.
    In fact I didn't know that the "send" would get a transaction ID.  I only thought you got one on the download.

I have another bug that can be rather nasty, and only happens for automatic entry mode and transfers.  It is "manual entry" bug, but not one where you can't see the match.

Say you have a scheduled transaction set as an estimate of paying off your credit card (a transfer).  That goes into the register, and then you get the actual downloaded transaction/value.  You change the value of the "estimate" transaction to match the downloaded one, and then do a manual match to it.

What it will do is match it, but remove the category (the [Other Account]).
    If you try to correct it by putting in [Other Account] it will duplicate the transaction, and be cross linked with the original in a way that the only thing you can do is delete both transactions, and enter them again.

This only happens if it is a transfer.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Yeah, you're certainly correct that the transaction ID is inbound. In my case I pay a bill online via the bank with a due date later in the month. Next OSU that transaction appears in my check register (ID generated) and it's linked to the account it's  paying. When the actual transaction occurs, and the bill clears the bank SOMETIMES (not always) a new transaction appears in my register (new ID). As I say, it doesn't happen all the time and not always with the same bill being paid. It's just frustrating is all because I need to figure out which transfer belongs to which check register entry so when I delete one, it matches....first world problems to be sure, but can lead to unkind words being hurled at my screen
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Oh I now see how you get two "inbound" transaction Ids.  Not that helps to solve the problem. :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

This problem still exists in Quicken 2017 Windows R3, When are you going to fix?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

dranobob  Just saw your post.  For the manual match that is done through the status icons, they don't put up anything if there aren't any matches.  It probably should put up some kind of notice, but it doesn't.  That is how it has been working from the first time I tried it.

Manual match works differently if it is done from the Downloaded Transactions tab.  Including the ability to match multiple transactions, which the one from the status icons won't do.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I selected the Me-Too button but have slightly different circumstance. I recently upgraded Quicken 2015 Deluxe to 2017 Deluxe on Windows 10 and have R6 installed. I recently had to scrap several years of my data and start completely over from scratch because Quicken thought I was trying to add a 513th account (I have 12). Prior to this, whether I manually input a transaction or marked a bill as paid before they hit the bank, once Quicken downloaded it from the bank they usually were automatically matched up. If not, then I had the option of matching them. Now I don't. Same info as I had input before but they are not matching up even with right-clicking the little pencil.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I selected the Me-Too button but have slightly different circumstance. I recently upgraded Quicken 2015 Deluxe to 2017 Deluxe on Windows 10 and have R6 installed. I recently had to scrap several years of my data and start completely over from scratch because Quicken thought I was trying to add a 513th account (I have 12). Prior to this, whether I manually input a transaction or marked a bill as paid before they hit the bank, once Quicken downloaded it from the bank they usually were automatically matched up. If not, then I had the option of matching them. Now I don't. Same info as I had input before but they are not matching up even with right-clicking the little pencil.

Note that if the amounts of the transaction in the register and the downloaded one had the exact same amount they would have most likely been automatically matched.

So the most likely reason for not getting an automatic match is the amount, which has to be exact.

And this applies to the manual match too.  As in you need to change the amount of the "uncleared" transaction to be exactly what it is in the downloaded transactions, before trying to do a manual match.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Yep they were identical down to the penny. Same Payee, same category, same everything except one was manually inputted and other was downloaded from the bank. In the 2015 version there wasn't this issue.
  • Rocky McAshan
    Rocky McAshan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I have similar issue in Q 17 rental Property Manager R6. manually entered transaction with split items. Downloaded exact amount from bank. No auto match. Edit, Match manually produces a list of transactions that does not include matching one I entered. Removed cleared (c), same result. went to manually entered transaction and clicked match manually. No Options in popup box. Only solution is to delete downloaded trans and mark manual entry as cleared.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Me too!  Please find a way to remove items from the Manual Match.  I download from my bank and set up "Pending" items.  Sometimes I don't realize that a download is already on Quicken so I don't match.  Now I have over a dozen items that I want to remove. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Note there is actual "ME-TOO" button at the top right of this page you can select.
    Quicken Inc does use this in consideration of what to work on.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    I clicked on the "Me Too" button, but want to add: 
    I have had this problem for a couple of years now. I always update to the most recent version and it's still not fixed. I am now using 2018 Business & Rental Property. Version R2.3, Build 27.1.2.20.
    I just had the problem again. Before I cleared anything after the bank download, I went to the duplicate transaction which was not quite duplicate in that the payment value was $1 off, which is probably why it didn't match it up. I always use Quicken mobile to take pictures of my receipts to include as the attachment. I have that as proof that I entered the correct payment value in quicken mobile. But the establishment made the mistake and charged me $1 less. I wanted to match the two so that I could keep the picture of the receipt with the transaction. I click on the "Uncleared" transaction and it says to "Match to downloaded transaction". But when I choose it, nothing happens. It has been like this for 3 years that I know of. Another problem is in the Quicken Mobile application. If I try to take the picture from within the app using my Apple iPhone 5, with the latest IOS, it crashes out of the app and doesn't remember anything about the transaction I was entering, and I have to re-enter it again. Taking a picture of the receipt with the iPhone camera, and then getting the picture from the iPhone camera roll does work, but it used to work within the app until around 2 months ago.
This discussion has been closed.