An important message from the CEO of Quicken

In response to the recent "Celebrating Quicken’s anniversary!" email I received as a user of Quicken, I would like to respond.

As soon as my Mac OS and Quicken 2007 are incompatible I will be forced to find a different money program. WHY you ask? I depend entirely on 2007’s intuitive and practical check book entry system and the total value of the program for me is its reporting abilities to prepare my taxes. Until you can produce a program the begins where 2007 Quicken left off I will stick with 2007 or find a competitor that understands my basic needs when it no longer works with my OS. It boggles my mind as to how the excellent capabilities and qualities of a really good program that really cut down my tax preparation time was abandoned for one that promotes charts and grafts that mean nothing to the IRS.

Sincerely,
Bob Zemeski

Comments

• edited April 2017
    I agree, I want to see my ledger and input all my checks as I write them.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited April 2017
    What makes you believe you can't use one of the newer Mac versions?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited April 2017

I am a brand new Mac user and have used Quicken for many years. How do I get to the ledger?  I am very old school and this is how I have always done my checks and debits from my accounts. 

• RCinNJRCinNJ Member
    edited April 2017
    Maybe look at screen shots for QM2017 to see how it should look? All your accounts should be listed in the left hand "Accounts" column. Your checking, savings, credit card, investment accounts. etc. should all be listed. Clicking on the name of an account should bring you to what I consider a "ledger view". If this is different from what you want from an accounting program let us know. There is an "All Transactions" view, but that is more for search and budgeting.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited April 2017

I am a brand new Mac user and have used Quicken for many years. How do I get to the ledger?  I am very old school and this is how I have always done my checks and debits from my accounts. 

Linda, did you start with Quicken 2017 for Mac by importing your older Quicken for Windows file, or are you just starting from scratch? (That info might help people here give you better advice.) I want to assure you that there are many of us who enter our transactions manually in the register (what you're calling the ledger).

If you haven't done so yet, you might find it helpful to view this getting started video from John in NC, a fellow user here. This video is for Quicken 2015, and there have been some cosmetic changes made in Quicken 2017, but the overall look and operation is the same. If you find that helpful, go to this page, which has additional videos from John that go deeper into the program operation.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993