QWin 2017: Express Web connection is failing for many of my financial institutions.

1235»

Comments

• feobrienfeobrien Member
    edited April 2017

I've tried all of the fixes as reported on the topic.  They work at first, but then fail for one error or another.  I've just tried the update and I get a cc-501 error for the umteen time.  One comment that I can make.  I have 3 quicken files that I monitor,  Two give me errors and the middle one works fine.  I don't believe that it's a bank issue..  I use windows 10 and have since it's conception. I didn't have any problems till first part of this year.  So, again that tells me it's a Quicken problem.  Has anyone looked into the new owners of this product?  Maybe trying to make money and not taking care of users....  Just a thought....

Oh well, so much for a silver bullet.
  • John KrizekJohn Krizek Member
    edited April 2017
    feobrien said:

Problem solved - don't know if this will help anyone else but see below. I changed my password from 13 characters to 11 and it worked!! Now this doesn't explain why my 13 character password worked for several months and suddenly stopped - but it works now and that's all the matters.  Hope this helps some others.

Usually CC 503 also that your password
    doesn't meet the requirements posted on your financial institutions
    website. A good example of this is a requirement that the password contain
    between 8-12 characters, but you enter 13 characters.  Your bank's
    website has the ability to simply stop "reading" the characters
    at 12 (ignoring the 13th) but Quicken must hard-stop at that 12th character. We've
    noticed that your password format contains 13 characters. Therefore, we would
    like to recommend you to try changing your password to something shorter like a
    maximum of 8-10 characters perhaps then try reconnecting your accounts once
    again in Quicken.

Ok, I changed my password.  The bank says it's a WEAK Password and needs to contain one number and one non-alpha character and can be up to 16 characters.  My problems with the updates still are there... so the password is NOT the issue...
  • edited September 2018
    I too have been trying to correct a CC-506 problem to no avail. I am using Quicken 2017 and Windows 10. The problem kicked in (again) with the latest download. I have done everything that's been prompted; researched on line. Like many I am reluctant to pay extra for a support service that based on the communications in this chain does not seem to offer a practical solution to the problems identified in this chain for the fee charged. I certainly do not have the time to wait to speak with someone or stay on the phone. This is not the kind of project I could delegate to support staff on my behalf due to the confidential nature of the information involved.  This is a consumer issue and since Quicken does business in every state users should report this to their respective state consumer agencies. I have used Quicken for more than 17 years and the decline in quality and stability of this product is worrisome.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited April 2017

I too have been trying to correct a CC-506 problem to no avail. I am using Quicken 2017 and Windows 10. The problem kicked in (again) with the latest download. I have done everything that's been prompted; researched on line. Like many I am reluctant to pay extra for a support service that based on the communications in this chain does not seem to offer a practical solution to the problems identified in this chain for the fee charged. I certainly do not have the time to wait to speak with someone or stay on the phone. This is not the kind of project I could delegate to support staff on my behalf due to the confidential nature of the information involved.  This is a consumer issue and since Quicken does business in every state users should report this to their respective state consumer agencies. I have used Quicken for more than 17 years and the decline in quality and stability of this product is worrisome.

sallymiller,
    CC 506 looks like an account nickname mismatch between Quicken and the bank.
    If the account nickname at the bank's website contains a "/' (slash), remove it. Ditto for (R) or (TM) characters in a circle.
    When done deactivate all accounts with this bank, including old, closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that are still activated.
    Reactivate accounts, making sure to click the "LINK" button on the activation page listing the accounts found at the bank and select the correct existing Quicken account register.
  • rlpiniarlpinia Member
    edited September 2017
    I spent a full hour on the phone and webex with the 2 lead Quicken engineers in India today regarding my original problem of failing EWC transactions in Premier 2017.  They recreated the problem and retrieved log files and screen shots.  They acknowledge there is a problem that could possibly be in the code or infrastructure and are going to stay on it to a resolution.  

They did not recall that the last software update, which I received in the last 10 days, would have addressed this problem. But I have been able to successfully reconnect all but 2 credit card accounts since applying the update. When I try to connect the credit cards, it attempts to rejigger (undo) all the working accounts. They fortunately were able to see it happen real time today. 

I'm happy Quicken is now seeing the problem and interested in getting to root cause.

Until the next time, "Bye...!" 
  • rlpiniarlpinia Member
    edited September 2017
    I have spent many hours working with engineers from India over the last few weeks.  We use webex so they see first hand the results I get. We have created many new data files with mixed results.  All of my EWC accounts except one FI  are now working consistently.  However my Veridian CU connects with 3 different user accounts but consistently will not recognize a Visa account.  Additionally many of the accounts, while appearing to connect fine, are not downloading transactions even though there are posted trans ready for download at the FI. 

I've sent dozens of logs and screenshots of our work sessions and of my own tests.  The engineers have ruled out corruption of the client data file and maintain it is a server issue.  They make tweaks on the server based on the log results. After making adjustments I can connect for a couple of days then it stops working.  

The individuals I am working with are experienced, top notch and dedicated to getting to root cause and a fix but it is taking considerable time on their part and mine.  

Today I noticed this in the connlog:  *** AddAccount failed due to missing Account Type ***  As I examine the account use and types all are identified correctly in both the client UI and via the qdfview they provided me. 

So the problem is real and it is not going away.  It is like the whack-a-mole game.  It keeps popping up.  Others are seeing it with other EWC FI's.  If we ever get to root cause I'll post the results.
1235»