Quicken 2016 R11 Downloaded Transactions Issue

Comments

• edited March 2017
    jelarv said:

Quicken should offer 75% off an upgrade to 2017 for those of us who are stuck. I can't reconcile my accounts!

Hi John. Windows Quicken 2017 R4 (Home and Business) works just like QW2016 R10. I bought QW2017 back in December 2016, but kept it in the box until R4 was released. I don't like being on the "bleeding edge" of technology because I have a lot of time invested in building my Quicken transaction file. I originally was using QW2016H&B R11 then reloaded R10 due to the linked checking issue but decided to move on to QW2017H&B R4. I'm glad I did. I really like the feel of the screen layout 2017 offers. Plus, linked checking accounts work. Hope this helps. Phil
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited October 2018
    What say we contact Bill Gates and see if he'll resurrect Microsoft Money?
  • TomTom Member
    edited April 2017
    So is there any word on when Quicken might find a fix for this problem. Seems like every time they do an update it gets harder to use than easier. 
  • Frank AFrank A Member
    edited April 2017
    amazing that quicken support is so slow to fix such a major problem. I spent hours trying to resolve this issue.
  • zhezhangzhezhang Member
    edited April 2017
    There is a R5 for Quicken 2017 now. Supposedly fixed this problem for Quicken 2017.
  • Frank AFrank A Member
    edited April 2017
    any word about fix for quicken 2016 v11 25.1.11.5?  
  • Robert BenneRobert Benne Member
    edited April 2017
    The work-around of reverting back to version 10 (uninstall, reinstall w/no internet connection) works great until Intuit does an automatic upgrade/download to v11 again!!!  Very frustrating!
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Frank A said:

any word about fix for quicken 2016 v11 25.1.11.5?  

....crickets....
  • jcloudmjcloudm Member
    edited April 2017
    zhezhang said:

There is a R5 for Quicken 2017 now. Supposedly fixed this problem for Quicken 2017.

2017 R5 did not fix it for me
  • Jane DoughtyJane Doughty Member
    edited April 2017

Try toggling Auto Add to Registers/Auto Add to Lists between On and Off...if On, turn Off and vice versa...then run a Validate & Repair (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File) before changing those settings back.

This patch (and the one before) resolved a long-standing issue of the flag appearing with no data to Accept. If your file was in this state before the patch, the patch could present that flag for you to take the toggle action and fix the file before it is fully resolved.

This appeared for me after the R11 Quicken Premier 2016 upgrade. Toggling the preferences as suggested by Quicken Tamera seems to have resolved the missing downloads in the linked account Thanks for the suggestion!!!

• K CashK Cash Member
    edited April 2017

Try toggling Auto Add to Registers/Auto Add to Lists between On and Off...if On, turn Off and vice versa...then run a Validate & Repair (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File) before changing those settings back.

This patch (and the one before) resolved a long-standing issue of the flag appearing with no data to Accept. If your file was in this state before the patch, the patch could present that flag for you to take the toggle action and fix the file before it is fully resolved.

I turned on the auto accept option but it is an annoying workaround.  I have accounts that need to have some old placeholders left in the file to keep the account with the correct security holdings and cannot be resolved.   So the delete all placeholders will not work for those accounts and it is really difficult to just delete the 25 bogus placeholders each time I update.  So now I have about 200 caused by the R11 bug.  Really need a fix soon.
  • edited April 2017

The work-around of reverting back to version 10 (uninstall, reinstall w/no internet connection) works great until Intuit does an automatic upgrade/download to v11 again!!!  Very frustrating!

Robert, re your comment about reverting back to R10 working great - Perhaps you are unaware that as of March 31 they are no longer guaranteeing that 2016-R11 will be able to connect and download transactions?
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

Presumably you meant R10 may not be able to connect.
    So far, I'm having no problems with R10 and hope to wait for R12 or whatever.  I even had to undo one auto-update, but now I'm checking to see if it downloaded the update files before I open the program.  Also leaving Qkn open 24x7 keeps it from triggering auto update it seems.
    Meanwhile, I"m also evaluating personalcapital.com as an alternative. It has some major advantages with portfolio management, but has to learn Categories for most transactions, which is a tedious process.
  • edited April 2017
    Bill said:

I just did the uninstall via Control Panel. Never used qcleanui.  Although I did do a registry clean before the reinstall.
    So far (limited time) I've noticed no problems using my R11 backup file loaded into R10 post-reinstall.
    BTW, no problem with the license on the reinstall... it is in the data file, so when you restore the data file, it will bring in the license, validation, password vault etc.

Bill, after uninstall and reinstall and restore backup, did you have a problem with previous reminders "Overdue" and account to use "Unspecified Bill Presentment Account" populating the Home tab?
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Bill said:

I just did the uninstall via Control Panel. Never used qcleanui.  Although I did do a registry clean before the reinstall.
    So far (limited time) I've noticed no problems using my R11 backup file loaded into R10 post-reinstall.
    BTW, no problem with the license on the reinstall... it is in the data file, so when you restore the data file, it will bring in the license, validation, password vault etc.

No, I didn't see anything like that. You did install the R10 Mondo patch didn't you?
  • edited April 2017
    Bill said:

Still trying to figure out how to do that. About Quicken shows Release R 1
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited April 2017
    Bill said:

BILL, a Win Uninstall (via the Control Panel) isn't sufficient to remedy Q problems.  You MUST do a QCleanUI uninstall.

Geek Lady provided the instructions re: how to do that a month ago.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • edited April 2017
    geek lady said:

the Quicken team is definitely ignoring posts on the Cloud Sync issues

uninstall using the QcleanUI https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken 

then go to http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html and download R10 Release R10 Mondo

then reinstall 2016, but disable your internet connection first so it won't update. don't run Quicken, install the Mondo from above, then open your QDF, or better, a QDF that was backed up before you installed the bad R11 patch .

Followed your instructions and I am back on R10 with no hidden tabs. First time I didn't use Qclean and had issues so I used Qclean on second go round. Used a pre R11 backup. Only issue was having to update over 45 days of transactions. I appreciate you taking the time to publish this process. Thanks!
  • L H SmithL H Smith Member
    edited April 2017

probably a problem in source code ( 2 versions?) for this to keep reapearing
  • edited April 2017

Thanks for your help, but I've never let Quicken automatically add transactions to the banking or investment registers.  (I just verified my settings incase the update to R11 changed them.)  I've been using Quicken since 2006 and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with missing tabs.  I believe there is a bug in R11 since it worked fine prior to installing the update.  This is only affecting my investment linked checking account.  I have another checking account (not linked to an investment) where I downloaded transactions (using Express Web Connect) and the tabs are there.

I'm having the same problem. In addition I get placeholder transactions for 0 shares on all my holdings. R11  broke more than it fixed.
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks for your help, but I've never let Quicken automatically add transactions to the banking or investment registers.  (I just verified my settings incase the update to R11 changed them.)  I've been using Quicken since 2006 and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with missing tabs.  I believe there is a bug in R11 since it worked fine prior to installing the update.  This is only affecting my investment linked checking account.  I have another checking account (not linked to an investment) where I downloaded transactions (using Express Web Connect) and the tabs are there.

Restore your most current Quicken data file and see if that helps.  
  • edited April 2017

I've got the same problem but I also get placeholder transactions for all my securities for 0 shares that I have to delete.
    I don't remember when I downloaded R11. Is there a way to tell?
  • edited April 2017
    Quicken do NOT constantly update my Quicken to R11 I use for business until you fixed this issue. I have to constantly uninstall it and reinstall an old version. When you run an business you can not just download transactions automatically (as a temp fix)  as suggested without putting in the correct tax categories what I do by accepting transactions. I did not even know I had a lower account balance because of this bug. How long does it take to a) fix this issue or b) do a temporary patch to stay on R10!
  • PaulPaul Member
    edited April 2017
    WHERE THE HELL IS R12??? I am NOT a geek and have no intentions to install and uninstall anything and to try to sort out patches. I have lost all faith and trust in Quicken. Come on Mr. Gates. Let's have a new Microsoft Money!
  • M DombrowskiM Dombrowski Member
    edited April 2017
    Same issue. I am getting extremely disappointed with Quicken after years of use.  Each update seems to create more problems than it solves.
  • edited April 2017
    DQKN said:

I'm also having this problem for my Fidelity brokerage and linked cash account the day after upgrading to R11. I did the usual copy, validate with no errors and tried an older backup file without success. I also tried deactivating and reactivating my brokerage account with the old backup file without success. I could not deactivate/reactivate with the current data file because the stuck transactions would not allow the account to be deactivated.

Hours later I found this thread and per the info above (thanks everyone!) I edited my brokerage account and turned on automatic downloads. The 3 stuck cash transactions were immediately accepted. I then turned automatic downloads off for this account.

I'm assuming the bug will to cause this problem every time there is a linked cash transaction unless I keep automatic downloads turned on all the time, which I don't want.

Please Quicken support have this bug quickly fixed. Thanks.

I have the same problem.  Using Q Home & Business 2016 and just got the R11 patch this week (4/17/2016).  Wish I had seen this thread before that update!  It has only impacted my Fidelity Investment account linked cash account.  All other accounts seem to be ok.  The Fidelity account is my main activity account so this is a real pain!  Looks like it has been going on for at least 2 months with no resolution from Quicken?!
  • MegMeg Member
    edited April 2017
    Did you all get the email about the "premium" phone support??  You get unlimited priority access for one year for just $49.99!  What a crock!  I have been using this product since the days of dial up and now I am ready to switch.  I can not believe the lack of support with this problem and now they want us to pay for it.  Yeah, I think not!  Someone mentioned trying out personal capital, any reviews of that yet?  Any other viable option other than quicken?  I am so done!
  • MisterBillMisterBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Meg said:

Did you all get the email about the "premium" phone support??  You get unlimited priority access for one year for just $49.99!  What a crock!  I have been using this product since the days of dial up and now I am ready to switch.  I can not believe the lack of support with this problem and now they want us to pay for it.  Yeah, I think not!  Someone mentioned trying out personal capital, any reviews of that yet?  Any other viable option other than quicken?  I am so done!

I am a Personal Capital user (and paying client). It's very nice, but there's no sense of saving a history of your account like you have in Quicken. You just view the last month of activity. If that's enough for you, then it's great. And it's a lot more than just that, since it can show you your assets by class, etc.

BTW if anyone wants to try their paid management service, i can send a link to get you 3 months of waived service charges (which are up to 1% of invested assets). Disclaimer: I also get 3 months free.
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Meg said:

I have the free account and have used it to go back much further than just one month on the transactions. I'm not sure yet whether it learns categories as well as Quicken did, but the investing features offset it to some degree.
  • MegMeg Member
    edited April 2017
    Meg said:

What about AceMoney, has anyone heard or used this before?  I think I'd like to have a history more than a month.