QMac: Quicken should add a feature to track your reward dollars, miles, points, etc. [1 Vote]

clarkscc
clarkscc Member ✭✭
quicken for MAC should add a feature to track your reward dollars, miles, points, etc. Just add a tab at the top and get started. This would be a wonderful upgrade. Thank you!
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Why?  Look at your phone and get an app that tracks that.  I don't need my personal financial software to be "screen scraping" any more useless information that I can get elsewhere.  And something else that needs to be "connected and downloaded".

How about getting the bugs out of Quicken instead?  How about better investment tracking in Quicken Mac?  How about a logical report generator that doesn't have you mark "NONE" for categories and tags when it should be "ALL"?
  • clarkscc
    clarkscc Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I love your photo icon.. appropriate in this case I suppose.  Hey, I just figured the rewards are part of my financial life and I for one would appreciate them being part of this software precisely so I didn't have to go download multiple apps and bust out my phone every I want to see my rewards (cash, miles, points.  Quicken aggregates everything else.  I agree with you though in regards to quicken's existing short comings. The program needs some work and more meat... they will get there eventually.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    clarkscc said:

I love your photo icon.. appropriate in this case I suppose.  Hey, I just figured the rewards are part of my financial life and I for one would appreciate them being part of this software precisely so I didn't have to go download multiple apps and bust out my phone every I want to see my rewards (cash, miles, points.  Quicken aggregates everything else.  I agree with you though in regards to quicken's existing short comings. The program needs some work and more meat... they will get there eventually.

1. I'd prefer they get the current version of Quicken running and bug free before they even attempt to add more fluff to the software.

2 I doubt they will EVER get there eventually.  The comedy of errors known as their crack programming team creates more problems than they fix.  Problems have lingered for years and years with no fix in sight and seemingly are just ignored.

There's a whole lot of angry, disgruntled users out there...and a lot of them (like myself) have been loyal customers for 25-30 years.  

With the impending required annual subscription product most likely being released later this year that will have "reduced functionality mode" (ie locking your data so no entering transactions even manually), there will most likely be a mass exodus from Quicken.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

All of the discussions about fixing bugs aside ... I concur with gmalis1 on that aspect ...

If you are interested in keeping track of your mileage rewards, coin collection, gold bars, etc. in a 100% manual fashion (no downloading capability), use an investment account and a security, e.g., "Frequent Flyer Miles". Record Buy and Sell transactions every time you receive awards or "cash in" on some of the awards.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    UKR said:

All of the discussions about fixing bugs aside ... I concur with gmalis1 on that aspect ...

If you are interested in keeping track of your mileage rewards, coin collection, gold bars, etc. in a 100% manual fashion (no downloading capability), use an investment account and a security, e.g., "Frequent Flyer Miles". Record Buy and Sell transactions every time you receive awards or "cash in" on some of the awards.

Nice alternative. And I agree that this is not a high priority but it is not a bad idea; simply that it should be planned as a low priority.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    For me, auto mileage is a strong use case for this extra field. I'm an independent consultant and when I go on business trip using my personal car, I'd like to be able to track the business mileage in Quicken, so that at tax time, I have a single source (the Quicken file) for all my tax records. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a nice idea depending on how it is implemented, though not a high priority. The alternative work-around is to create a category for them or a separate account and create a transfer split line to track them. I use the first work-around.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    QWin HBR has a mileage tracker ... but it's completely manual input and doesn't integrate with anything else (except Tax Reporting) in QWin.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP