Automatic entry

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am using Quicken Premier 2017. When I download bank cd information with automatic entry on the category defaults to the cash account, I want it to go to interest income. How can I change that? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ MK ,

See this Article:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

You Identified Quicken Premier 2017 but posted under Quicken for Mac, in which there is no Quicken Premier 2017 version for the Mac Computers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, it is Quicken for PC,
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I suggest that you turn off automatic accepting of downloaded transactions for this account (or all accounts). That gives you an opportunity to review the downloaded transaction and make necessary changes before the transaction is written into the register.

Another place to look at is the Memorized Payee List.
    Look
    for a memorized transaction that matches the incorrect entry. Edit it to change the category.
    I suspect the same Payee Name is / was also used for a transfer between checking and CD account. Try to create a distinct Payee Name used only for "CD Interest".

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded
    transaction" settings?

There are two places
    where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:

- Globally, for all accounts, in Edit /
    Preferences / Downloaded Transactions

- For each account individually, the
    global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online
    Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF".
    Click the text to change the setting.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    MK said:

Sorry, it is Quicken for PC,

Hi @ MK ,
    You can also disabled Automatically category transactions.
    And when you turn off automatic accepting of downloaded transactions as @ UKR suggests, every time you highlight a transaction in the Downloaded Transactions area beneath the Register, you can change it within the Register, then Save it. By saving it in the Register, automatically accepts it as well and clears it.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you both for your help.  I believe that will fix the problem.  I've already completed bank downloads for last month, so I will see how it goes at the end of this month when they post interest on the CD's.  Again, thank you so much for your quick responses and help.
This discussion has been closed.