check date keeps changing

Unknown
Unknown Member
when i enter a payment in quicken quicken changes the payment date from what i entered. how do i stop quicken from changing the check date

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Rich Wold ,

Are you using Online Bill Pay, or printing out the checks to be mailed?

See this Article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem.  I updated from Quicken 2014.  I am using on line bill pay and when I enter the date I want a bill paid, quicken 2017 keeps changing the date to some date earlier.  I have already done a repair and validate of the file.  any other suggestions to fix this?  thanks.
  • thecreator
    edited May 2020

I have the same problem.  I updated from Quicken 2014.  I am using on line bill pay and when I enter the date I want a bill paid, quicken 2017 keeps changing the date to some date earlier.  I have already done a repair and validate of the file.  any other suggestions to fix this?  thanks.

Hi @ Lynn Selter ,

Which Release of Quicken 2017 and is Online Bill Pay, through your Own Bank, using Direct Connect?

See this Article:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I am using version: R6.  on line bill pay is Direct Connect.  I never had this problem on the previous version.  Another similar issue is that when I put in a category for the payment, Quicken doesn't always recognize the same category that I have always used, even when I choose it from the list. *this even after the repair and validate) Thanks.
  • thecreator
    edited May 2020

Hi @ Lynn Selter ,

Are you using the US Version or Canadian Version of Quicken, which you did not include, if you read the Article?

From QuickenUserDC :

For Quicken Windows - let us know if you are using the Canadian or US versions.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

US version
  • thecreator
    edited May 2020

Hi @ Lynn Selter ,

What Bank is involved? Meaning, Using Online Bill Pay with Quicken and what Bank?

With PNC, there is a 4 Day Lead Window. So, if I put down to be paid on 2017-05-12, the date switches to 2017-05-14, instead.
    But if I put down to be paid on 2017-06-06, it is paid on 2017-06-06.

I never had problems with Categories, with Checks written through Quicken, because the Checks are added to the Register at the time, I send the check through Quicken to the Bank. I control the Categories, not Quicken.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I have the same issues as Lynn.
    today 2017-05-18 if I enter an online payment with a check date of 2017-06-06 and choose a category, the check is entered with a date of 2017-05-24 and the category is blank.  I can change them and save the check again and it will save correctly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Jim describes my issue perfectly.  It can change the date, leave the category blank, one or both.  I am using the US version.
  • Michele Z
    Michele Z Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm using 2017 US Version and have the same problem with Quicken not liking the date I put in. However, it automatically adds a second check with the date it wants. I have to manually delete the check, or Quicken Bill Pay will get the instruction twice - once with the date I put in, and again with the Quicken generated date. Has anyone found a solution to the date/duplicate problem?
  • Rick D
    Rick D Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    When I "upgraded" to 2018. Dates and category will change when it goes into the register and info must be re-entered.
This discussion has been closed.