Data Lockout Version Twitter Update

edited October 2018 in
In response to a customer, some interesting commentary on the proposed data lockout subscription from the Quicken Twitter mod:

0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Is that the official Quicken representative?
    " they will move..." doesn't sound like someone speaking for a company.  It sounds like an "outsider".
  • edited May 2017
    QPW said:

" they will move..." doesn't sound like someone speaking for a company.  It sounds like an "outsider".

I had the same thought -- like an outsource filling in. Plus the Quicken Twitter mod often signs their tweets with "CL"

In a way, though, it makes the comment more interesting. 
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited May 2017
    QPW said:

Does Twitter support users having the same screenname and avatar like the old QLC sadly allowed? 

If not, that part appears to be the official rep.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited May 2017
    QPW said:

That, I don't know, @splasher. It's a good question. But even if Twitter did support screenname/avatar spoofing, it doesn't support address cloning.

In other words, even if I set up up a Twitter account called "Quicken" and made my avatar a big red Quicken 'Q' just like the real Quicken, I couldn't clone their Twitter address and have tweets sent to the official Twitter address (@Quicken) come to my fake Quicken account instead.

This exchange between @sleepy_v and @Quicken is in Quicken's official Twitter feed.