I am trying to add a 401(k) account from Principal

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2017 in Investing (Windows)
.  It keeps asking me to enter my holdings, but some of mine don't have ticker symbols...they're "separate accounts".  what do i do? i thought Quicken would just be able to pull in all of that info and update automatically. i really hope i don't have to manually input everytime i contribute to the 401(k)....

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    If you have funds that aren't traditional stock, bond or mutual funds without a ticker symbol supported, you will have to manually enter your transactions and stock prices.

Retirement accounts and annuities can have non-traditional holdings...usually having unit prices rather than share prices.

So, to answer your question...YES, you'll have to manually enter the buy transactions in your 401K account.  
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    gmalis1 said:

If you have funds that aren't traditional stock, bond or mutual funds without a ticker symbol supported, you will have to manually enter your transactions and stock prices.

Retirement accounts and annuities can have non-traditional holdings...usually having unit prices rather than share prices.

So, to answer your question...YES, you'll have to manually enter the buy transactions in your 401K account.  

I'm not sure that is the case. Being able to download transactions is different than being able to download security prices. As long as the FI offers transaction downloading for the account type, the op should be able to download their transactions into Quicken.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    gmalis1 said:

And the "separate accounts" setup in his Principal 401K account is sure to be a huge problem as well.  

Still think he's stuck manually entering these buy transactions.  
This discussion has been closed.