Investment Suggestions

edited October 2018 in
I have been using Quicken since (about) 1991. Since 2005 or so, the interface seems to be little changed from iteration to iteration. Since I am an investor, let me make some suggestions (see Nasdaq.com and Fidelity.com for some additional ideas:
  1. The IRR formula used seems to be incorrect. It should be changed.
  2. Add moving averages (50, 100, 200 day).
  3. Add investment statistics (Beta, Bolllinger Bands, MACD, Stochastic Fast/Slow, Williams, %R, CMF, ROC, SMA, EMA, RSI, etc.)
  4. Add line drawing options (Linear, Logarithmic) and a Volume Chart and candlesticks, mountain, etc.
  5. Allow comparisons between existing and referenced stocks/mutual funds. If it is collected in the current Qucken file there is no need to go online. Besides Nasdaq and/or any brokerage supplies these comparisons in a better fashion than Quicken.
  6. Allow comparisons between stocks/mutual funds and, e.g., Nasdaq 100, S & P 500, Russel 200, Wilshire 5000, Dow Jones, etc.
  7. Post events on charts (dividends, stock splits, SEC reports, etc.)
  8. Show IRR for selected time periods.
  9. When the days covered in a chart is less than, e.g., a year, the chart changes to a series or dots. Change this to a line/mountain/candlesticks/etc. at user option  (I have to go elsewhere for better resolution).
  10. Allow dynamic time selection for graphs, both duration and start/stop dates.
  11. Provide a hyperlink to the security home page.
  12. Stop using the Cloud. This is a security hazard!
  13. Start looking at representations from other investment organizations. Nasdaq is an excellent choice.
All of these options (except ) are available at Nasdaq.com or Fidelity.com, and probably other brokers.Going online to Qucken provides no advantage over going online to Nasdaq or Fidelity or most any other brokerage. Further, the stock information needed to do comparisons, get data, etc. is local to the brokerage.

There has been no or little change in investment displays since their introduction (2000?). It is about time that some attention is paid.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• fanfarefanfare Member
    edited May 2017
    Quicken is  not a charting service. For that, stick with your broker or other online charting facilities.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    Except for #1, 12 & 13, the OP is submitting a wish list on an Idea post, which is what it is for.

Quicken used to not have things like Zillow & Credit Score which I think are useless, but evidently somebody thought they were a good idea.

@Arthur ; Concerning #1, if you are going to state something is calculated wrong, you need to give a factual example, just saying it is wrong isn't enough for anyone to work with.

#12 & 13 are your opinion, some folks (not me) think the cloud is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Although this is HIS wishlist, what I'd like to know from the op is if this info is available through other means, what difference does it make if it's available in Quicken?

Quicken doesn't have to be the great aggregator of ALL possible financial information sliced and diced and rehashed hundreds of ways.

As Splasher noted, I too think Credit Score and Zillow are moronic additions to Quicken.  I can get that info elsewhere...and very easily.  So...I don't need it in Quicken.

Same for your investment wish list.  If you said you can get it on Nasdaq.com or Fidelity.com, why do you even need it in Quicken?