QWin: Can I modify the default format for the Investments Holdings window?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)

I think my question says it all.

Comments

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I assume you are referring to the Portfolio view for investment accounts.

The answer is no - unfortunately, WYSIWYG. The only modifications available are represented by the buttons on the face of the display; date range for the chart, etc.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    JM said:

I assume you are referring to the Portfolio view for investment accounts.

The answer is no - unfortunately, WYSIWYG. The only modifications available are represented by the buttons on the face of the display; date range for the chart, etc.

That is unfortunate.  You would think they could adjust the width of the "Name" to significantly less so the other columns could show without having to do it manually.  Doesn't Intuit look at these comments and hopefully make adjustments?
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Add my name to those wanting this. The "name" column is ridiculously wide, making it impossible to see all the columns without maximizing the window. This was not the case in previous versions.

Hey Intuit-- how about letting us modify this and save the changes?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Vetta said:

Add my name to those wanting this. The "name" column is ridiculously wide, making it impossible to see all the columns without maximizing the window. This was not the case in previous versions.

In my Windows QPremier2016 I can certainly grab the vertical divider bar between "Name" and "Quote/Price" and adjust its width.  What version are you using?
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Vetta said:

Q17. I can drag the fields with the cursor but would like to keep the spacing. Previous versions of quicken could do this but in 17 they revert to the default view every time.

I don't know about Q16, but in 17 the "name" column takes up nearly the whole window and pushes all the other columns off the edge. The only way to see that window is to maximize it. Older versions let you see your holdings in a smaller window while keeping the transactions window up.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Vetta said:

I was assuming, as the first reply to this post did, that you were using the "Portfolio" view under the "Investing" tab, but I'd say now that you are referring to the listing of securities that comes up when you click on the "Holdings" button. 

In all the various versions of Quicken I've used I've never had an issue with the "Account Overview: [Broker's Name]" window that comes up  when you click "Holdings" needing adjustment. 

I did try dragging the divider between "Name" and "Quote/Price" to the left in one Account, closed that window, closed and re-opened Quicken, but the adjustment I made didn't "stick" and the "Name" field was as wide as it was before I adjusted it.

I assume you can use the Holdings window and see the transactions at the same time if you drag the divider to the right of the "Name" column to the left?  Sounds like you might be stuck doing that as I don't see any way to adjust the column width permanently.
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Vetta said:

Thank you Tom for responding.

Yes, you have it correct-- I am referring to the "holdings" tab within an investment account. I have been dragging the divider after the name to the left in order to view all of that window (market values, G/L, daily chg, etc) but the divider spacing does not stick. I hope that the Intuit folks will do something about this, as the "name" column is much too wide and making this constant adjustment seems like needless work for the user.
This discussion has been closed.