NEW 6/15/17: Quicken Windows crashes when opening after recent Windows OS update (.NET Framework 4.7
Quicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
Some users are reporting that Quicken for Windows is crashing when attempting to open the product on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. We're currently investigating the root cause of this issue, but we believe that it's related to the recent Windows OS update to .NET Framework 4.7.
There is a manual solution to resolve this issue, while our developers are working on a product resolution:
If you can't help us troubleshoot, there is a potential solution available:
- Go to the Start button for your Windows system and select Control Panel
- Select Programs, then select Programs and Features
- Click on "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7"
- Click Uninstall/Change at the top of this screen, and uninstall .NET Framework 4.7
- After uninstalling 4.7, download and reinstall .NET Framework 4.6.1, by following the instructions here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130
- Restart your computer, then confirm you are now able to launch Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.