QWin: Huge amounts in IRR report

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
In one of my investment accounts, if I do an !RR report it can't figure rate of return because of some HUGE transactions. 4-5 in the 1/4 million dollar range and one for 330 MILLION. How I wish. I can't find these transactions anywhere else. They only show up in the IRR report. I've done a Validate and Repair (but not a super yet). Any ideas?

On top of that when I run the V&R it says I have an investment transaction dated 12/31/2017. Can't find that one either. A transaction report for all accounts for the month of Dec 2017 is blank.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Locate which security is having the issue.
    Review the Price History for this security. You might have a corrupted price quote that was downloaded. Delete or edit the bad price quotes

Are you that's an investment transaction for 12/31/17? Or could that be a downloaded price quote with a date in the future? (Usually bad price quotes can appear with a date in 2038)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks, I can delete price histories. I think Q reloads back 5 years as I recall. Don't need more than that anyway. Yes I'm sure it's 12/31/2017. I've run V&R twice, then again Super V&R. The error stays there. The only other errors are a couple of stock transaction from many years ago in an account that been closed for many years. Don't care about those. There are only a few transactions in the stock in question. It wouldn't be difficult to delete all those transactions and start over. Mostly concerned with the huge dollar entries. I'll let you know.

Thanks again.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    A common source of IRR errors like this is when you have shares Added or Removed. Look at any of these transactions carefully and (after doing a backup) try deleting and re-entering them.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

A common source of IRR errors like this is when you have shares Added or Removed. Look at any of these transactions carefully and (after doing a backup) try deleting and re-entering them.

Also, I have found that BOUGHTX and SELLX cause problems with the IRR.

I have had to split those transactions into two distinct transactions:

A BUY (or SELL) transaction...and then 

A TRANSFER of funds from/to another account.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

Still working on this. I did find one totally weird entry in the price history. Deleted that. No help. I've also told V&R to delete price history. No help there either. So, still searching. I might open a "copy" that Q file, delete all suspect transactions (even they don't show in the register, they are all in the same month) and see what happens.

"A common source of IRR errors like
    this is when you have shares Added or Removed. Look at any of these
    transactions carefully and (after doing a backup) try deleting and
    re-entering them."

This is where the error is actually. AND I've deleted and reentered these before because they didn't "take" correctly. I can delete and reenter again I guess.

Thanks.

• Bob@50
    Bob@50 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This happened to me on a mutual fund conversion.  When you do a conversion, the program removes the original shares and then adds new shares of the new fund.  Each added share transaction corresponds with the original acquisition of the removed shares.  The added shares show a basis that is accurate.  There are accurate prices in the history for the fund, but the "removed shares" transaction associated with it is being given a value that is about $19 million more than the actual value of the shares, which causes a completely erroneous IRR report.  
This discussion has been closed.