Calendar Issue

Hi, first post and I have a problem.  I'm slowly converting from PC to Mac and the main hold up has been Quicken.  Quicken 2017 for Mac finally looks to be a good product and seems to work as good as the windows version.  Almost.  I have imported all my account data and am finding how things work with the exception of the Calendar tab.  The forecast graph in the Bills tab works great and seems to be accurate, but when I switch to the Calendar, the running totals don't match up.  In fact, they change when I move from month to month.  As can be seen the following 2 screen captures, when I'm in January, a balance is shown for the 31st of January and the 1st of February.

These balances change when I hit the forward arrow and switch to February.

Can someone give me an idea if this is a bug or if the Calendar is totaling something I'm not seeing?  I live in my Calendar for upcoming bills and cash forecasting so this is a big thing.  I can use the Bills tab but the Calendar format is easier to read.  I'm using Quicken 2017 for Mac, Version 4.3.1 (Build 43.14810.100).  Thanks for any insight on this.

Comments

• BigWafflesBigWaffles Member
    edited October 2018
    Anybody?  I still can't figure this out and am trying to narrow it down to either a corrupt import on my end or an issue with Quicken.  Thanks.
  • J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Anybody?  I still can't figure this out and am trying to narrow it down to either a corrupt import on my end or an issue with Quicken.  Thanks.

BigWaffles

This is still a bug.

It was reported and discussed in earlier Beta testing. I thought it had been corrected - but am mistaken as a quick test revealed it is still present. I see exactly what you describe on rolling from month to month.

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

edited December 2016
    JM,

Thanks for the response, hopefully you can catch this in a future update.
  • Evan StoneEvan Stone Member
    edited March 2017
    BigWaffles - can you tell if this bug has been fixed yet? I too live in the Calendar on Quicken Windows but if there are serious issues like this in Quicken Mac then it may prevent me from making the switch just yet...

Thanks!
  • Ruben AlsinaRuben Alsina Member
    edited March 2017
    Evan, I am planning to switch from Moneydance in my Mac to Quicken just for the calendar that I used for years in my PC and because of that missing part for Mac I never switched.
    Can you tell me If it does works the same way?
    There is an offer 40% the price now but expires in 2 days.
    Any info will be appreciated and Im scared after seeing your issue on the running balances.
    Thanks
    Ruben.
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just checked this cannot confirm the issue reported by Big Waffles. Seems to work perfectly. I am using version 4.4.3 (Build 44.15091.100)

Big Waffles, did you purchase QM via the App store or direct from Quicken?
    edited November 2017
    I Purchased it directly from Quicken.  I'm also on version 4.4.3 and still have the issue as posted above.
    edited March 2017

I Purchased it directly from Quicken.  I'm also on version 4.4.3 and still have the issue as posted above.

Not sure what to add I understand it was a bug which was fixed but still appears with some folks.   Might be time for a call to Quicken to confirm the bug is not yet resolved
    edited March 2017

I just checked it again. works perfectly. I am at a loss to explain it especially since we are using the same version of QM17
  • mistertheplaguemistertheplague Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Also cannot confirm this bug. Rolling balance in my Calendar works MTM as intended. QM17 Version 4.4.3 (Build 44.15091.100)
    edited March 2017

Ok, I just did some experimenting:

1.  I
    reinstalled Quicken and did a fresh update to 4.3.3 (Build 44.15091.100) - Same
    issue.

2.  I started a
    new account file and added a couple of test transactions - Same issue.

Anything I change results in no change; the calendar
    won't carry the balance forward to the new month, it just seems to reset the
    balance at the first of the new month.

When I switch to May, it resets the balance to the first of the month amount.

Still not sure what is going on.

• lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can confirm a bug.

My observation is that there is no problem with months in the past - balances roll month to month as expected.

The balances also roll into the month following the current one. Currently, that means that the balances at the end of the March calendar and the beginning of the April calendar match.

But looking at the balances at the end of April and the beginning of May, the balances do not match. Nor do they match for subsequent months.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Justin WillsJustin Wills Member
    edited April 2017
    I am having this same issue and have the latest update 4.4.3. I just switched from the windows version to this Mac 2017 version and this is really annoying. The calendar view is useless with this bug. Anyone have a fix yet?
  • Justin WillsJustin Wills Member
    edited April 2017
    I was able to get this fixed for the specific issue that I was having. I had converted a Windows 2015 Home Deluxe edition to the Mac version and was having this calendar issue. When I did a 'Super Validate' on the windows edition and then tried to convert it to the Mac version again I no longer had the calendar issue on the Mac version. I am guessing that this is an issue when converting Windows versions and something is wrong with the Windows file. Just look up how to do a 'Super Validate' and see if that works.
  • Jen McJen Mc Member
    edited April 2017
    I am having this same issue. After reading this I did a super validate on my Windows Deluxe 2014 version before importing it into the Mac version and unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
    edited May 2017

Just a followup.  I recently upgraded to a
    newer Mac Mini and did a complete reinstall of OS X and all applications.
     Instead of using my existing Quicken for Mac data, I reconverted from a
    Quicken for Windows file.  I can't explain it, but the calendar is working
    like it's supposed to with the month to month totals being accurate.
     I don't know why it's suddenly working, as I did a reconvert in the past
    with no change.  Whatever the reason, I'm now happy with the calendar.

• Kenneth LordKenneth Lord Member
    edited July 2017
    I have this very same issue - was on chat support for 4 hours last night to no avail.  Anyone have any updates?  I am on 4.5.8.
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I have this very same issue - was on chat support for 4 hours last night to no avail.  Anyone have any updates?  I am on 4.5.8.

Quicken staffers will not report ANY expected fixes or changes or additions for ANY upgrades ahead of release.

It's just wait and see what happens. 
  • DerekDerek Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

I have the same issue, even from Dec to Jan, balance for same day shown on previous last days of Dec, drops when I move to Jan, ro even within the year. Can no project future balances!
  • DerekDerek Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Same issue with me
  • Jimmy WuJimmy Wu Member
    edited November 2017
    Same issue, super validate does not help still happens in V5.3.0.  Test file works, but on my converted file it does not work even if you create a new account and have a single scheduled transaction, every month will have the same balance.  Balance is the same for month 2, 3, 4, and so on eventhough the scheduled transaction is recurring monthly.  The produce is useless for me if this is not fixed.
  • MikeMike Member
    edited August 2018
    Im on Quicken for Mac 2018 version 5.5.7 and seeing the same thing. I created a new account and had one monthly scheduled transaction and teh error is still there. I then created a brand new file, added one bank account with one monthly scheduled transaction and it now works correctly.  So something in existing files didn't get an update or something.  
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Mike said:

Im on Quicken for Mac 2018 version 5.5.7 and seeing the same thing. I created a new account and had one monthly scheduled transaction and teh error is still there. I then created a brand new file, added one bank account with one monthly scheduled transaction and it now works correctly.  So something in existing files didn't get an update or something.  

If ever in doubt, on top of reporting here in the forum, use the 'Report a Problem' menu under the Help menu in Quicken, for this or any other issue.

Of course, that option will not provide you with any feedback from anyone. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • JohnnaJohnna Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken for Mac 2017 calendar doesn't show correct values in upcoming months.

Using the Calendar feature, the current month shows the correct balances in each date, including the dates that are greyed out for the next month. However, when you click to go to the next month the balances are completely wrong & inflated. When we roll into the next month the balances are correct again.
  • edited September 2018
    the date on my investments account is wrong.  It says it is the 9/26/18 when it is 9/29/2018  When I go into the calendar it also says 9/26/2018.  If I change the date on the investment to the correct date the value of th stocks update, but it is supposed to do this automatically when I update.  Any suggestions.  I already reinstalled the mac 2018 version with a backup and it is still doing the same thing.  It is not a bank issue because my checking account is updated to 9/28/2018.  
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

the date on my investments account is wrong.  It says it is the 9/26/18 when it is 9/29/2018  When I go into the calendar it also says 9/26/2018.  If I change the date on the investment to the correct date the value of th stocks update, but it is supposed to do this automatically when I update.  Any suggestions.  I already reinstalled the mac 2018 version with a backup and it is still doing the same thing.  It is not a bank issue because my checking account is updated to 9/28/2018.  

Moving to new thread to provide for better response.

Please reference the new conversation here: QMac: Calendar Issues
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator