price history not updating

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Home & Business 2017 V:R1 build 26.1.1.12. The update did not download new prices for my funds for either Monday or Tuesday. The function appears to work correctly, stating that it is updating prices and quotes, but then the pop window closes and nothing changes on my Investing display.

Comments

• BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Same here on H&B 2015 R5 Canadian
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I am also using H&B 2015 R5 Canada.
    None of my mutual funds shows any new price updates (Last updated price was for Friday July 21, 2017), but all of my stock quotes still work. 
    I tried another copy of Quicken on a different computer with different files with exactly the same problem. No error message of any kind. Indeed the program tells me that al quotes were updated.
    This feels very much like a mutual fund  server problem, similar to the problem that happened in February this year.
    I will try contacting Quicken support this evening for any information.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @BarrHanc, you're about 5 update releases behind.  The current release for QW2017 is 26.1.6.1.

Is there some particular reason why you haven't updated?  To update to the current release, do HELP, Check for Updates.

re: the quotes updates.  I'm  running QW2017 also ... and haven't had any problems with updating my 20+ securities.  Is your firewall perhaps preventing Q from getting to the 'Net?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

@BarrHanc, you're about 5 update releases behind.  The current release for QW2017 is 26.1.6.1.

Is there some particular reason why you haven't updated?  To update to the current release, do HELP, Check for Updates.

re: the quotes updates.  I'm  running QW2017 also ... and haven't had any problems with updating my 20+ securities.  Is your firewall perhaps preventing Q from getting to the 'Net?

Are you using the US or Canadian version? 
    Do your "securities" include mutual funds?
    I'm not having any problems with my stock quotes. Just the mutual funds.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I'm running QW2017 26.1.6.1 US.  The version/release number is MUCH higher than for the Cdn products.

And yes, I have both funds and stocks.  No problems with either.

It would make some sense that Q Cdn and Q US might use different quotes providers ... but I have no definitive knowledge, either way, of that.

Also, are your funds Canada specific?  The issue could be limited to them ... and not to US mutual funds.

Contacting Q Support is, indeed,your best option: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

• BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just ran "Validate & Repair". It has stated that all of my Canadian Mutual Funds have "prices dated in the future" 2038-01-18. I am going to poke around to see if I can fix it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Josef said:

None of my mutual funds shows any new price updates (Last updated price was for Friday July 21, 2017), but all of my stock quotes still work. 
    I tried another copy of Quicken on a different computer with different files with exactly the same problem. No error message of any kind. Indeed the program tells me that al quotes were updated.
    This feels very much like a mutual fund  server problem, similar to the problem that happened in February this year.

Actually, they can come from either source (for Q US) ... either your broker OR from the 3rd party quotes provider.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Josef said:

In my experience, Canadian mutual fund prices for Quicken Canada come from a 3rd party supplier of Canadian mutual fund exchange price information. I suppose, if you used the one broker in Canada which (I think) supports downloading investment transactions, then some prices would also come from that source. If I recall correctly, there is only one Canadian "broker" from which one can download data into Quicken (and it is not my broker). Under normal circumstances I don't have any issue getting prices for US or Canadian securities, as long I've selected the correct source and code, of course... and I can't get any of this info from my broker. Strictly finger poking for investment transactions.
  • BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There appears there was some sort of glitch to make this happen. Go to the Investment screen. Click on the Mutual Fund/Security that had the bad date as indicated in the Validate/Repair data_log. Click the Update arrow on the top left. Click Edit Price History. Delete the row with the bad date (Mine was the first row.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    BBBob said:

There appears there was some sort of glitch to make this happen. Go to the Investment screen. Click on the Mutual Fund/Security that had the bad date as indicated in the Validate/Repair data_log. Click the Update arrow on the top left. Click Edit Price History. Delete the row with the bad date (Mine was the first row.)

BBBob
    It seems that my mutual funds are updating. July 25 is now there, but Monday July 24 is still missing.
    Re the future date on mutual funds. This happens for some starnge reason from time to time, but it should have no effect on recent prices.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks for your input.  I believe these mutual funds are Canada specific and are supplied from a 3rd Canadian mutual fund data source, where I also believe the problem lay.
    But luckily, now they seem to be working again.

As helpful as Quicken support people try to be, I haven't found them to be that useful. They were never able to find out why my bank transactions suddenly stopped downloading on my Windows 7 computer in Mid May, after years with no problems.  I spent close to 2 full days on the chat service with them trying everything we could think of.

I then simply installed my Quicken program on my Windows 10 computer and it worked perfectly, but I still don't have a clue why it doesn't work on my Windows 7 machine.
  • tom34
    tom34 Member
    edited February 2018
    MY quicken windows automatic update has not updated S&P stocks for over a week, version R6 26.1.6.1, I have had to manual update everyday.
  • BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just tried  update for today July 26, 2017. The Canadian stocks and Mutual Funds worked OK. 
This discussion has been closed.