QWin 2013 Premier: Since 07/25/17 when British American Tobacco acquied Reynolds RAI, I can no longe

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Can't update quotes for symbol BTI

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Darla,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken for Windows product, and what version (2015, 2016,etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Have you updated the ticker in your security list?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    I am using the Quicken Premier 2013 U.S. version. I have been a long time user of Quicken products, and have checked and double checked to make sure that quotes for BTI was included in my list of quote updates. I have the complete price history, volume, high/Lows for BTI up to and including 072517. After that date all price updates for BTI stopped. I can do a work around by manual update.  I just don't think the Quicken folks are sending any updates on this security, since they took over and merged with RAI. I appreciate any help you can give me on this, and thank you for your time. Darla
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I forgot to include the release:  R 12  (22.1.12.7)
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I am using the Quicken Premier 2013 U.S. version. I have been a long time user of Quicken products, and have checked and double checked to make sure that quotes for BTI was included in my list of quote updates. I have the complete price history, volume, high/Lows for BTI up to and including 072517. After that date all price updates for BTI stopped. I can do a work around by manual update.  I just don't think the Quicken folks are sending any updates on this security, since they took over and merged with RAI. I appreciate any help you can give me on this, and thank you for your time. Darla

QW2013 should have stopped downloading security prices after April 30, 2016 - over a year ago.  If you have been getting data since then, it has been on borrowed time.  Something you changed or Quicken, Inc. changed may have finally caught up with you.  Probably not related to the RAI / BTI deal, though maybe.    

You might confirm that you are using QW2013 (Help / About Quicken), but I think your subsequent release citation confirms that.    
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

I wondered this as well. Q13 should not be downloading anything at this point.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

q.lurker, and Vetta:   Quicken never told me I needed to update 2013 to receive quotes. In the past, I ALWAYS complied and updated when I was told to.  I have been a Quicken user since it first came out.  I don't have any problem with updating to the newest generic. However I'll bet you dollars to Navy beans, even if I do update, the quote still won't update. Maybe one or both of you could put BTI in YOUR "watch List", and see if you can get an update. I'm assuming you have the latest and greatest copy of Quicken. That might be flat out positive proof that Q 2013 is causing the problem.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Already had BTI in my list, though I don't currently own it.  When asked, current prices do download.  

Does QW2013 download other prices for you?  
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Ditto for me. If you're getting downloaded quotes with Q13 that's very odd.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

Hmmmm...that's interesting... Everything else loads without any problem.  So both of you can download quotes for BTI? If I'm not supposed to be able to download quotes with Q2013, wasn't I supposed to get a message from Quicken advising me to update? I never received one. I can't think of any reason why I'm not getting the quotes for BTI. I checked everything, 3x's!
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Are you getting quotes for other tickers or is BTI your only stock? Quicken downloading expires every three years, which is why you should not be getting anything with Q13. One of the biggest complaints about Quicken is the need to buy a new program every 3 years so how you are doing this is a mystery!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

I have many other tickers that I'm getting quotes with Q2013. I just can't get an update on BTI. As I said before I don't have a problem with upgrading to Q2017, however I really feel that will not solve my download problem with BTI. There is something else going on, and I think its on Quicken's end.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017

EUREKA...I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

I restored Quicken from an old file backup from January
    2017, before I ever had BTI in my portfolio. Lol & behold the quotes,
    volume & high/lows were there! I then restored back to my current file, and
    completely deleted the price history by changing the symbol to SSSS, and deleting
    all the quotes. It removed all of them. I then changed the symbol back to BTI,
    and did an update. All the quotes were now working correctly. Somehow, some way,
    the QPH file for the symbol BTI became corrupted. This must have happened when
    BTI, which by the way is an ADR, completed its merger with RAI.  BTW, updating to Q2017 would NOT have fixed the
    problem because of the corrupted data file. This was very weird indeed, and
    never should have happened. Once again I want to thank you guys for all your
    support and hand holding on getting this resolved!  Darla

This discussion has been closed.