Quicken Premier Windows 7 2017 Reinvest Interest missing

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Windows 7 2017 Version 6 Build 26.1.6.1

1. In a IRA CD investment account, when I enter the interest, a window opens and under Enter Transaction: it says Reinvest - Income Reinvested, and in the register it enters ReinvDiv. There isn’t any Reinvest Interest. You do not earn "dividends" with a CD. It earns "Interest". This account is 16 years worth of Reinvest Interest. So how do I fix this so it enters ReinvInt? This is since updated.

I have  7 years worth of accounts using this program and now it's changed. It effected my 23 year mortgage entries too.

It’s slow opening since upgrading from 2014 to 2017 on March 1, 2017.
Shortly after this when I opened the program, before I even entered my
password, there was an update. I wasn’t asked if I wanted to update then
or what it was, it just updated something. Since when does this happen?
I don’t even know what the update was.

2.   The text is really faint.  It’s almost hard to read. I searched and
see there is no resolution to this.  Just suffer with faint text.

Thanks.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The Reinvest Income window should have several fields available for various income types, including interest, dividends, short and long capital gain distributions, and miscellaneous. Are you not seeing those options?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes. All of those.  But Reinvest Interest is not there.  Everything else is but that.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

JJeanie,
    I don't get it.
    When I go into my investment account register and click on the Enter Transactions button I get a popup window. After selecting "Reinvest - Income Reinvested" as the Transaction Type I get this popup, with (highlighted) a row of fields to enter Interest, amount received and number of shares received.

What do you get? Show us a picture, please.
    How is your IRA CD investment account defined? Might you have selected the "Single Mutual Fund" option (which would be incorrect, IMHO)?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well duuuh.  I typed the interest amount in the Dividend space.  I was entering Dividends in other investment accounts and when I got to this one I inadvertently just typed the interest in this Dividend space.  So sorry for the confusion.  I will pay more attention to what I am doing. It just frustrated me because I am trying to deal with this Category window that flies open off the top of my screen and I can't see what is at the top of the window.  I've tried some of these "fixes" suggested in the forum but nothing works.

Thank you so much for replyng.  Have a great day! :)
This discussion has been closed.