QWin 2017 Premier: adding investment fields

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I want to add fields to the investment register like: I'd like to add a field that takes my original buy price and compares (+ or -) with current price. Is this possible? Using Quicken 2017 Premier.

Comments

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I don't think you can see that in the register, the place to look is on the Investing Tab:

If you can't see that bar or if "Investing" doesn't appear on it then on the View menu make sure that show tabs is checked:

And use the "Tabs to Show" fly out menu to select "Investing".

In the Investing Tab you can customise the columns, here's what mine looks like:

You'll see I have a Gain/Loss column which I think is what you are looking for, if that column isn't present in your Investing Tab hit the "Customise" button that you can see in the above screenshot and select it there.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dan, IF I'm reading the OP's question correctly, he's not looking for the change in VALUE, but rather for the price/share for each lot ... and that doesn't appear to be available.

I could find the current quote in the Portfolio, but it doesn't seem to have a field for the Lot quote when purchased.
    And I could find various reports that showed the Value of each lot, compared to the cost of that lot ... but that was for the total value, not quote to quote.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Dan, IF I'm reading the OP's question correctly, he's not looking for the change in VALUE, but rather for the price/share for each lot ... and that doesn't appear to be available.

I could find the current quote in the Portfolio, but it doesn't seem to have a field for the Lot quote when purchased.
    And I could find various reports that showed the Value of each lot, compared to the cost of that lot ... but that was for the total value, not quote to quote.

You may well be right, I didn't read it that way myself and I'm not sure if I fully grasp what you mean, but if I click on the + sign next to a share name in the investing view I see a breakdown of the lots and the columns to the right populate with the relevant values:

So I can see the price/share paid for each lot when I bought them, the current price/share is shown against the share's name at the top, and I can see the change in value for each lot in the columns to the right.

Does that cover what you mean?
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

DUH, I was looking for the current quote on the same line as the lot ... and never thought to look at the summary line for the position.

It's 6:22pm here ... and maybe I need a Gin & Tonic.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.