Quicken Mobile Suggestions... (3 Legacy Votes)

Pilotbum
Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Using the Mobile App
A couple small suggestions for Quicken Mobile... 

1. How about a section on this forum to support Quicken Mobile? There's a section for Quicken for Windows & Quicken for Mac but nothing for Quicken Mobile. Perhaps it should be supported the same way their other products are.

2. I've asked for this before but the ability to have fields automatically populated. For example, in the memo field of every transaction I enter in Quicken Mobile I put "QM:" as an indication to me that I entered it using Quicken Mobile. Years ago Pocket Quicken for PalmOS had this feature and I thought it was helpful. Especially since the transaction matching is an imperfect process and sometimes results in errors that need to be manually corrected. 

3. The ability to assign multiple Tags to a line item in a transaction.

4. The ability to assign different Tags to different split items in a single transaction. 

5. Transfers.

Quicken Mobile is a great first step to a mobile companion to Quicken. However, it's seen no functional improvement since it's inception in 2013(?). After 4 years it's no longer a first step, it's a plateau. Is this as good as it'll get?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sharon
    Sharon Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I really like the idea of being able to easily identify where a transaction was entered. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    These really should be broken up into separate IDEA posts so others can also vote on them. Otherwise, others cannot voice their vote easily. I strongly suggest that you repost these.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Well it isn't 100% true that they haven't added anything.  They did add the viewing of the investment positions (not transactions though).  But yeah it really hasn't have much changes to functionality over the years.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Addressing #1, there now is a separate category for Quicken Mobile here on the forum. You may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS for Quicken Mobile by following these simple steps:
    1. Click the HOME tab at the top of this page
    2. Scroll down to QUICKEN MOBILE and click Quicken Mobile Apps (xx)
    3. Click the IDEAS tab just under the title Conversations. The default sort is Recent Activities
    If you want to be notified of any new posts to this categoryclick the FOLLOW button above Conversations (note that this will notify you of ALL posts under Quicken Mobile Apps, not just IDEAS).

Then click on each IDEA link, and click VOTE at the top of each IDEA page to which you want add your vote. Your VOTES matter!

If you want to be notified of any new replies to a specific IDEAclick the  FOLLOW button a the top of the individual IDEA thread (this will notify you of replies to THAT idea ONLY).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Item 1. was implemented about 5 months ago, and much clean-up has been taking place to re-categorize Mobile IDEAS.

Item 5. you can add your VOTE for Transfer via Mobile App.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS for Quicken Mobile by following the simple steps found here on the List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features.

Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

This discussion has been closed.