QWin: schwab US dividend equity

Cassius
Cassius Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Investing (Windows)

I bought some Schwab US Dividend Equity ETFs.  On my first purchase, I entered the symbol (SCHD) for the Security Name and hit Enter.  Usually, this will bring up the "Add Security to Quicken box, which will search for the security name.  Then it will present a list of possibles from which I select one.  However, it did not find a name for SCHD and just presented a spinning red circle.  Then I clicked on the link to enter the security manually.  It then went to the next page with the name and symbol shown properly, even though it hadn't been able to find the name on the previous, search page.

Once I had that purchase entered properly, I figured that the next purchase would go without a hitch.  I went to the Enter Transaction dialogue, left the "Buy" selection, entered the date and started to type in the name.  When I got to Schw, the program would normally be showing a drop down list with Schwab US Dividend Equity as one of the choices, but it didn't.  When I type Sch, I get Schlumberger but Schwab US Dividend Equity isn't listed.  This is mighty weird behavior that I'd like to get fixed.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Are you certain you spelled the security name correctly?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Cassius
    Cassius Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Yes. I've entered three purchases now, and it still doesn't show up in the security name drop down list.
  • mshiggins
    edited September 2017
    What security type is the security you created?

• Cassius
    Cassius Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

After not finding the security in the "Add Security to Quicken" box, Quicken "finds" it once I click the link to add manually.  I enters the security as a market index.

• mshiggins
    edited September 2017
    Cassius said:

After not finding the security in the "Add Security to Quicken" box, Quicken "finds" it once I click the link to add manually.  I enters the security as a market index.

That is the issue. Security type Market Index is only intended for true indexes, like the S&P 500. Security type Market Index should not be used for mutual funds, even if the mutual fund is an index fund.

Change your security type to Mutual Fund.

This discussion has been closed.