Reconcile improvements - adding features from 10 yrs ago / Add Sort by Check # (47 Legacy Votes)

I've been a quicken user for 10 years or more now and I've been waiting for simple features to be put back in that were taken out when reconciling an account.

- display deposits and debits seperatly as they are checked off.  This aids to see where mistakes are and is important when you have a lot of deposits.

- sort by check number while reconciling in the reconcile window.  To do this now you have to leave the window and go to your main window and sort your entire account.  Very awkward.

while these are very simple things that were in quicken 2007 mac that were taken out that need to be put back in that i thought would have been put in a long time ago.
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited August 2018
    Another related IDEA to vote on is the ability to track and store prior reconciliation statements/preiods:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-track-store-prior-reconciled-stat...

Be sure to go there, then click VOTE at the top to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited August 2018
    As for the above IDEA, I agree wholeheartedly. Having separate totals for reconciled debits and credit makes reconciliation so much easier by being able to track down discrepancies faster.

And I use sort by cheque # all the time too.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

edited August 2018
    First item was implemented as of QM2016 v3.5.2 with these additions:
    • NEW: Added payment and deposit columns in the Reconcile register.
    • NEW: Added payment and deposit totals in the reconcile screen.
    What is still missing is the sort by Check # (above) and sort by Payment or Deposit columns (see here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-option-to-have-debits-and-credits-tallied-se...

To add your vote for the above request for Sort by Check #, click on VOTE at the top of this page.

To add your VOTE for Sort by Payment/Deposit amount, click the link above, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.
    If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 

• SueSue Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd like to see the ability to sort on ANY column in the Reconcile window.  In the past, I have used the Check #, Amount, Date and Payee to easily find items.  Not being able to sort on any column makes reconciliation so slow, because I have to hunt for everything.  

I'd also like to see the ability to use the Space Bar to Clear an item and then advance to the next item.  I used that all the time in Windows to clear items and move down my list.  

The ability to do these 2 things made reconciling go so much faster.
  • Jim RobinsonJim Robinson Member
    edited March 2017
    Glad so many have liked this comment, and right afterwards quicken added the deposit and debits totals back in!   I use it all the time.  Really need the sort by check number in the reconcile window too.   In the new bank statements they don't list checks separately and they are listed in the order they clear.  Being able to sort by check number would help this tremendously!
  • Jim RobinsonJim Robinson Member
    edited September 2017
    I wanted to add...

I know you can sort by check number in the main window, but that doesn't filter out the checks that were written AFTER the period of time you are trying to clear or the cleared checks from previous periods.   It doesn't seem like much, but it is unbelievably helpful when searching for a check that someone didn't cash for a few months or you have checks you have written from multiple check books.

Even version of quicken that were from more than 10 years ago had this.  It really is an important feature where where only uncleared checks written before the end date of the statement you are clearing appear and sorting them in both date order (like you can now) AND check number.
  • DebiDebi Member
    edited September 2017
    Sue said:

I'd like to see the ability to sort on ANY column in the Reconcile window.  In the past, I have used the Check #, Amount, Date and Payee to easily find items.  Not being able to sort on any column makes reconciliation so slow, because I have to hunt for everything.  

I'd also like to see the ability to use the Space Bar to Clear an item and then advance to the next item.  I used that all the time in Windows to clear items and move down my list.  

Totally agree!
  • DebiDebi Member
    edited September 2017

I wanted to add...

I know you can sort by check number in the main window, but that doesn't filter out the checks that were written AFTER the period of time you are trying to clear or the cleared checks from previous periods.   It doesn't seem like much, but it is unbelievably helpful when searching for a check that someone didn't cash for a few months or you have checks you have written from multiple check books.

Even version of quicken that were from more than 10 years ago had this.  It really is an important feature where where only uncleared checks written before the end date of the statement you are clearing appear and sorting them in both date order (like you can now) AND check number.

Agree!
    edited September 2017
    Sue said:

If you agree with this then you need to click the VOTE button at the top of the page for your vote to be counted. 

• DebiDebi Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes, please! Would be a huge improvement!