Quicken for Mac 2016 v3.6 Released

Quicken Marcus
Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
We're starting a staged rollout of Quicken for Mac 2016 version 3.6. 

Quicken is now an independent company.  This means we have to be off of Intuit's technology infrastructure by 9/30.  We need to swap out Intuit's system with the new secure Quicken Cloud for authentication, transaction downloads (Quicken Connect) and mobile sync.  The main thing that's changed in this release is the Quicken Cloud stuff but we also made some refinements to the budget feature.  Nothing major just small incremental refinements to the user experience.

Unfortunately, this is a messy process and a huge change. There will be issues and we're fixing them as soon as we can.

Please use this forum post as a place to comment about any issues in 3.6.  We'll be monitoring this forum closely. Even if we don't always respond, we're reading the comments as they come in.

Thanks,
Marcus

9/22 - Releasing v3.6.1. We saw a handful of people crashing with 3.6.0.  We investigated it and it looks like people who happen to have a budget that was originally created using Quicken 2015 would crash if they selected the budget.  Or even worse, if the budget was the last thing they had selected then they could crash when opening the file.  If you are in this situation, download 3.6.1 to fix the issue.

9/24 - There are some reports of people getting stuck at the screen called "Let's get you signed in".  This means you may have hit a bug.  You are supposed to see a screen that says "Create Account" to create a Quicken ID.  Nothing will work until you create and sign in with a Quicken ID.  If you close the "Let's get you signed in " screen and every time you try to sync it keeps coming back up, then you might be stuck in this process and need to take extra steps.  We plan to fix this on Monday but if you're stuck now and would like to try to fix it you can walk through the following steps.

1. Go to accounts.intuit.com and log in with your Intuit username. You can find this in the About Box in Quicken.
2. Add an email address and mobile phone number.
4. Go to quicken.com
5. Type in your Intuit Id into the "Enter your username" field and complete the sign in process.  
a. This will add your new Intuit data (phone and email) in our DB
6. Go back to the Mac product and try starting over
a. From here, we should now have your phone and email on file so the codes should be sent to an actual address or mobile phone number.

Updates
9/22 - Version 3.6.1:
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if your last selection was a budget that was originally created with the Quicken 2015 release.
9/26 - Version 3.6.2:

• FIXED: Fixed an issue where the error message to setup an account wouldn't go away even after reconnecting an account.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where the migrate Quicken ID screen wouldn't appear after using the Sign in as a Different User feature.
  • IMPROVED: Improved the ccscrape.192 error message. If you get this error, it means your bank is using a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) that currently is not supported by the Quicken aggregation service.
9/29 - Version 3.6.3:
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where deleted splits weren't getting propagated to the Quicken Cloud.
  • FIXED: Improved reliability of a fix for an MFA issue where customers received an MFA code but didn't have a screen to enter the code in.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause a sync error if there was a linked transfer that was referencing an account that wasn't being synced.
  • FIXED: Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to update account credentials.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I have v. 3.6.3 on my mac. It defaulted to Quicken Connect and seems to be doing its own thing. My biggest problem is that I get an error message when I try to print checks. It says they cannot be printed because they have non-negative amounts, which doesn't make sense. I have relied on printed checks using Quicken for more than a decade. How can this be resolved?
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

I upgraded today.  First thing I noticed is that Quicken wasn't matching downloaded transactions with transactions I had manually entered.  

We've heard some people express that the first time after they upgraded they saw some issues like this but after they fixed the problem, it never happened again.  By the way, you can easily match transactions by dragging and dropping them on top of each other.  We'll continue to investigate this and please report back if it continues to happen.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

I have v. 3.6.3 on my mac. It defaulted to Quicken Connect and seems to be doing its own thing. My biggest problem is that I get an error message when I try to print checks. It says they cannot be printed because they have non-negative amounts, which doesn't make sense. I have relied on printed checks using Quicken for more than a decade. How can this be resolved?

We don't have a v3.6.3 yet.  Are you thinking of 4.6.3?  If 4.6.3, please check out the 4.6.x forum post and report issues there http://bit.ly/2hpfoIv. We haven't made any changes to check printing in years so I would be surprised if there are issues. I just tried it and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Could your amount field be a positive number instead of a negative? The sign for the amount field is typically defined by the category. Can you double check the amount field?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Just upgraded my Quicken 2016 software for Mac to Version 3.6.1 and now cannot download any transactions.  Should I change from Quicken Connect to some other method?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

Just upgraded my Quicken 2016 software for Mac to Version 3.6.1 and now cannot download any transactions.  Should I change from Quicken Connect to some other method?

If you can change to Direct Connect..always the better way to go
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    What is Quicken Connect? I just upgraded to latest version and see that is says "you don't have to do anything"  I interpret that as it will automatically download without me prompting it. is this the case??!! I sure as hell DO NOT WANT Quicken downloading anything automatically!!. Now that I see that there are problems with downloading how do I undo the upgrade?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

I am having a similar problem. Most accounts downloaded alright, except Amex accounts which show a partial download -28 error message
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    WillyH said:

What is Quicken Connect? I just upgraded to latest version and see that is says "you don't have to do anything"  I interpret that as it will automatically download without me prompting it. is this the case??!! I sure as hell DO NOT WANT Quicken downloading anything automatically!!. Now that I see that there are problems with downloading how do I undo the upgrade?

Don't go back to the previous version because all transaction downloads will stop working on 9/30 if you're using the old version.  Quicken will not update automatically.  You continue to have to click on the Sync button at the bottom of the sidebar.  When you get the error, please click on the email link to send us your logs so we can research what is going on.  Also, it would be helpful to be very specific about what isn't working for us to provide more help.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

A partial download may mean a temporary error.  I wouldn't do anything.  Please continue to check to see if it updates.  Also, you do have to continue to click on the sync button to download transactions. If it stops working, please report the specific error here.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017

I should also mention if nothing is downloading then it's possible you haven't actually created a Quicken ID.  You have to create and sign in with a Quicken ID before anything works.  We did hear of a case where a customer got stuck at the screen called "Let's get you signed in".  This means you may have hit a bug.  You are supposed to see a screen that says "Create Account" to create a Quicken ID.  If you close the "Let's get you signed in " screen and every time you try to sync it keeps coming back up, then you might be stuck in this process and need to take extra steps.  We plan to fix this on Monday but if you're stuck now and would like to try to fix it you can walk through the following steps.

1. Go to accounts.intuit.com and log in with your Intuit username. You can find this in the About Box in Quicken.
    2. Add an email address and mobile phone number.
    4. Go to quicken.com
    5. Type in your Intuit Id into the "Enter your username" field and complete the sign in process.  
    a. This will add your new Intuit data (phone and email) in our DB
    6. Go back to the Mac product and try starting over
    a. From here, we should now have your phone and email on file so the codes should be sent to an actual address or mobile phone number.   
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Having major problems. After setting up my new Quicken ID and attempting to sync the app crashes. After a few more attempts and a few more crashes it eventually stays open without crashing but I have MONTHS of transactions no longer reconciled, with missing categories, missing split details, etc.  

I didn't want to go back and fix all these transactions so I restored from a backup. Same process, I connect to my new Quicken ID, crashes, months of lost transaction categorization/splits/etc.

I tried installing an older version of Quicken but that didn’t get me very far. Couldn’t proceed after logging in with Intuit

Please let me know when this will be resolved and I'll try again.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    My Checking account balance in Quicken has been messed up since this migration... I can't correct it because every time I make an adjustment Quicken automatically re-adjusts my opening balance, so I'm perpetually a set amount off... Please fix this. Can we go back to the old way until you work out all the bugs? 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    All my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts don't download any new transactions.  I don't get any errors, it just shows in the Account Status window that the last download was days ago even though I know there are new transactions.  I tried unlinking then re-linking them and no luck.  (edit: this is on 4.6.4...)
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    WillyH said:

Thanks and glad to hear I still have to initiate the download. I have not downloaded any transactions yet but I am not optimistic looking at these posts. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    baaric said:

My Checking account balance in Quicken has been messed up since this migration... I can't correct it because every time I make an adjustment Quicken automatically re-adjusts my opening balance, so I'm perpetually a set amount off... Please fix this. Can we go back to the old way until you work out all the bugs? 

Not sure from what version you are updating but looks like you simply have a Placeholder transaction that has been added...look for a greyed-out entry, typically near the start of the register...then you can delete this and all should be well...

You may want to back up your data file before just in case.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

All my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts don't download any new transactions.  I don't get any errors, it just shows in the Account Status window that the last download was days ago even though I know there are new transactions.  I tried unlinking then re-linking them and no luck.  (edit: this is on 4.6.4...)

This discussion thread is for QM2016 v3.6. Please post your reply for QM2017 4.6.x here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2017-v4-6-x-released

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    baaric said:

I spent nearly an hour looking through 3 years worth of my checking account register, assuming it was a duplicate deposit or something, and I couldn't find a thing. (It's a positive balance difference). Quicken had been perfect right up until this migration to the new Quicken ID, then it went to hell. I had been current on versions at that point. I've also had to re-link my money market account about 5 times so far, maybe it'll stick this time. Though I'm not optimistic. And what's weirder is that amount difference, I searched for it, is a withdraw... so how does that cause a positive balance difference? And it's a reconciled almost 3 years old. Everything was fine until the release of the Quicken ID version... I just created another transaction for now.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Quicken Marcus I see that you are monitoring this thread well but what has happened with the other thread I've posted this in the discussion thread Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.x Released?

Maybe you have been tied up with the Quicken ID issues but please note that there are several other issues related to v4.6.x that have not been addressed on pages 2 and 3 of that thread. So I am just posting here in case you are not aware of this. Thx.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    After updating to 3.6.1, the pop up screen, click get started then the pop-up with the 'we've emailed a code to: " comes up but the to:____ is blank (although my intuit ID has an active email. So i dont get the 6-digit code to verify my ID and get a new quicken ID.

any suggestions?
  • PRIM
    PRIM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am not able to update to Quicken 3.6. I'm still at Quicken 2016 3.5.6 and when I ask the program to check for updates, it says I'm up-to-date, but clearly I'm not. Please advice.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    I have the exact same problem. I was asked to update a week ago at a very inconvenient time. Now I'm trying but I also get the message telling me I'm up to date with 3.5.6.
    What to do??
  • PRIM
    PRIM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    LeonMac said:

I have the exact same problem. I was asked to update a week ago at a very inconvenient time. Now I'm trying but I also get the message telling me I'm up to date with 3.5.6.
    What to do??

That’s the problem I have too. I got the message to update to 3.6 last week but I clicked “Cancel” because I couldn’t do it then. Now that I’m ready to update, I’m not able to. Please help! (The imposed 9/30 deadline seems to create problems for both users AND Quicken itself. Shouldn’t more time be given?)
  • Kelly
    Kelly Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    LeonMac said:

What to do??

I never got the prompt to update and am still on 3.5.6.  I'm assuming with the issues noted above, they have slowed the phased rollout down before more people are impacted.
  • PRIM
    PRIM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    LeonMac said:

What to do??

I don't mind if they are slowing down the phased rollout so long as the deadline of 9/30 has been moved. The deadline seems artificial and is causing both users and Quicken staff unnecessary pain?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Jay Finch said:

Having major problems. After setting up my new Quicken ID and attempting to sync the app crashes. After a few more attempts and a few more crashes it eventually stays open without crashing but I have MONTHS of transactions no longer reconciled, with missing categories, missing split details, etc.  

I didn't want to go back and fix all these transactions so I restored from a backup. Same process, I connect to my new Quicken ID, crashes, months of lost transaction categorization/splits/etc.

I tried installing an older version of Quicken but that didn’t get me very far. Couldn’t proceed after logging in with Intuit

Please let me know when this will be resolved and I'll try again.

Sorry - this comment was intended to go to the Mac 2017 thread, not 2016
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm not seeing a progress bar when downloading transactions. Please restore some sort of visual feedback to let me know what background processes are currently doing! 
  • Mark419
    Mark419 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    After updating to 3.6.1 I no longer receive pop up window confirming transaction downloads with number of downloads for each account.  The download is successful but no confirmation.  What can I do to get the confirmation pop up to appear?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

I have Quicken for Mac version 3.5.6 and my system says I am up to date.
    How can I download version 3.6?
    Bob
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

I have Quicken 2016 3.6.1.  My accounts that are set up for Direct Connect require me to enter the password every time I try to download transactions.  The one account that I have that is Quicken connect seems to be working ok.  How do I fix this without reloading all my transactions and messing up any manual edits?
This discussion has been closed.