QWin: Can I track US and foriegn stocks in Quicken?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have 4 different trading accounts, 2 US and 2 from foreign markets. I want to track the transactions in each account separately, have a view on current holdings, value and gain etc. Is there a place where I can see Quicken investment portfolio details before I decide which version to purchase?

Comments

• Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You will need at least Q Deluxe, so I would purchase that first. You can upgrade to another version later if you want.
    The issue you may run into is with foreign currencies. Q can handle those, both only one currency per account. If you have holdings in, say, dollars, euros, and yen you would have to list them in 3 separate quicken accounts.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Vetta said:

You will need at least Q Deluxe, so I would purchase that first. You can upgrade to another version later if you want.
    The issue you may run into is with foreign currencies. Q can handle those, both only one currency per account. If you have holdings in, say, dollars, euros, and yen you would have to list them in 3 separate quicken accounts.

Is there a demo version or screens that I can look at? I have never used Quicken before so checking if there is a trial before I pay 
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Vetta said:

Try here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1hfLltg_r0
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Vetta said:

Also, Q has a 60 day, no questions asked, refund policy.  https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...

SO, I'd suggest watching the video that Vetta provided ... and then buying the product and trying it yourself.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Vetta said:

Appreciate your help! I have bought Premier and try it out. Site has 30-days money back so I am treating that as trial. Hopefully, it will do all that I need :)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Follow up question - I have created and added transactions in the Investment portfolio but I have trouble with following...
    1) stocks outside of US market are not available in the list so I manually add the ticker but I cant find a way to get them updated automatically with the current stock price.  
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Follow up question - I have created and added transactions in the Investment portfolio but I have trouble with following...
    1) stocks outside of US market are not available in the list so I manually add the ticker but I cant find a way to get them updated automatically with the current stock price.  

Unless they are listed on a US Exchange you won't be able to download the latest prices automatically.  You can enter the prices manually, or if you can get them in a CSV file they can be imported into Quicken:

US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

For daily tracking, uploading the historical prices is not convenient. Is there a way ticker symbol can be linked to any online stock price service (or URL)? 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Re-read Dan Glynhampton's immediately prior reply.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You can get Canadian stocks to download via the TSE: prefix to a ticker.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
This discussion has been closed.