Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.5 Released

Quicken Marcus
Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭

Starting a new post for the 4.6.x release so it's easier for people see the latest issues.  If we have new releases, I'll add them to the bottom of this post below the bullet list.  Here are the release notes for v4.6.5.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue on the Quicken Cloud that would sometimes prevent the sign-in or sign-up screen from appearing. Customers would see a gray screen or a stuck spinner.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where the error message to setup an account wouldn't go away even after reconnecting an account.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where the migrate Quicken ID screen wouldn't appear after using the Sign in as a Different User feature.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would prevent all accounts from syncing with mobile if there was at least a single discontinued financial institution as part of the account list.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause a sync error if there was a linked transfer that was referencing an account that wasn't being synced.
  • FIXED: In 4.6, customers could finally disconnect web connect accounts but this didn't work for credit cards. 4.6.5 fixes this discrepancy.
  • IMPROVED: Improved the ccscrape.108 error message. If you get this message it means you need to go to your bank's website to authorize the connection.
  • IMPROVED: Improved the ccscrape.192 error message. If you get this error, it means your bank is using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) that currently is not supported by the Quicken aggregation service.
Update
9/29 -  Version 4.6.6
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where deleted splits weren't getting propagated to the Quicken Cloud.
  • FIXED: Fixed an issue where help files weren't being displayed from the Help menu if running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
  • FIXED: Improved reliability of a fix for an MFA issue where customers received an MFA code but didn't have a screen to enter the code in.

Comments

• Michael Heady
    Michael Heady Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for this post. I have a vague recollection when I first set up Q2017 for Mac that there was a step I needed to take to authorize the account with Wells Fargo but have not been able to find any documentation.

I was able, today, using the download transaction functionality from the WF online banking site pull down recent transactions and import them. The imports re-established the links to my two accounts as Web Connects but I still got the ccscrape.181 error when I tried to change the connection types.

Any directions would be sincerely appreciated!
  • Michael Heady
    Michael Heady Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Marcus:

As patience has never been one of my strongest attributes, I installed 4.6.5.

Now when I try to change my connection type on my two Wells Fargo accounts I see a different error message. It is:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.181)

I hope this helps you and pray I haven't screwed up my ability to still import OFX files for the two accounts.
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the update. Hope this finally puts to rest problems people have experienced. Been working pretty well for me since 4.6.4 (knock wood).
  • Paul3
    Paul3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I upgraded to 4.6.3 from 4.5.8 and did not see any issues.  The update to 4.6.5 seems to be similarly trouble-free so far.  I have a giant Quicken file with data back to 1991.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Ok now I have no running balance which make Quicken totally worthless to me.  How do I fix this!!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017

Ok now I have no running balance which make Quicken totally worthless to me.  How do I fix this!!

See this: Running Balance Not Showing
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Quicken Marcus, I'd like to recommend that you place a comment at the end of the old thread
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2017-v4-6-x-released
    with a link to this new thread, so that FOLLOWERS of that thread can be notified and have better visibility to/awareness of this thread.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Quicken Marcus you made a comment on the old thread here about syncing 2 data files on separate computers. My question was "am I understanding this correctly that, aside from the registration process for each data file, it is possible to use the Cloud to sync 2 data files on separate machines? I was always under the impression that sync was only between Mobile and Desktop, not Desktop and Desktop. Please confirm/clarify." 

Could you please comment further? TIA.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Eagle22
      Eagle22 Member ✭✭
      edited September 2017

@Quicken Marcus you made a comment on the old thread here about syncing 2 data files on separate computers. My question was "am I understanding this correctly that, aside from the registration process for each data file, it is possible to use the Cloud to sync 2 data files on separate machines? I was always under the impression that sync was only between Mobile and Desktop, not Desktop and Desktop. Please confirm/clarify." 

Could you please comment further? TIA.

Yes, This could be very useful for me as well as several others I feel sure.
      • Unknown
        Unknown Member
        edited September 2017
        Everything working beautifully until updating to this release.  Now trying to update AmEx - previously was able to download transactions - I get "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:internal.api)" and an error message "

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

So here I am!  I can successfully connect to the AmEx website with my credentials, but not now.  I have deactivated downloads and tried to set it up again, but no success.

I'm using  mac v. 10.12.6

• RickO
        edited October 2017
        Mark S said:

Everything working beautifully until updating to this release.  Now trying to update AmEx - previously was able to download transactions - I get "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:internal.api)" and an error message "

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

So here I am!  I can successfully connect to the AmEx website with my credentials, but not now.  I have deactivated downloads and tried to set it up again, but no success.

I'm using  mac v. 10.12.6

I@Mark S... It sounds like you're connecting to American Express with Quicken Connect. Try changing the connection type to Direct Connect. It will work much more reliably.
      • RCinNJ
        RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
        edited October 2017
        I just updated to 4.6.5 and all seems good so far!!

I did follow RickO's suggestion of disconnecting and then reconnecting all my accounts. Sort of a pain and I don't know if it helped, but certainly didn't hurt! I also made screen shots to show all my connection types. Those that worked with Quicken Connect still worked, those that worked with Direct Connect needed that adjustment.

Also, I had to call TD Ameritrade for help. I had forgotten that when I set it up originally I had to enter my account number and last 4 of SS# for credentials, not the login info I use to access the site.
      • Unknown
        Unknown Member
        edited August 2018
        Can you please tell me how to remove my Quicken Cloud account from this version?  I don't do any downloading from financial institutions, and I don't want my data in the cloud.  I went to Cloud Accounts, where mine is listed, but clicking on the "minus sign" had no effect.  Thanks.
      • RickO
        edited September 2017
        Marty said:

Can you please tell me how to remove my Quicken Cloud account from this version?  I don't do any downloading from financial institutions, and I don't want my data in the cloud.  I went to Cloud Accounts, where mine is listed, but clicking on the "minus sign" had no effect.  Thanks.

See this FAQ:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-to-remove-cloud-data-in-quicken-mac-2017...
      • maxdobe
        maxdobe Member ✭✭
        edited September 2017
        I just created a new credit card account today on my Mac (4.6.5) but it will not sync to mobile app for iPhone.  I have tried checking and unchecking, syncing and resyncing, deleted app, reinstalled app.  Nothing seems to be working.  It will not show up on mobile app.  I did uncheck another account today and that one now isn't showing on mobile app, but the credit card account I created still is not showing.
      • smayer97
        smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
        edited September 2017
        Marty said:

@RickO very nice.

• smayer97
        smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
        edited September 2017
        Marty said:

One other thing to keep in mind is that using Quicken Connect will also make use of the Quicken Cloud...(which does not look like it would apply to you).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• RickO
        edited September 2017
        Marty said:

smayer97: good point. It does say that right there in the preference window, but I've asked the mods to add a note to the FAQ on this.
      • Unknown
        Unknown Member
        edited September 2017
        I'm on version 4.6.6 & it still isn't working since v4.6.  Mobile is 100% useless & inaccurate, duplicate transactions, stopped downloading transactions on 9/23, the balance on all of my credit cards is $0. On my macbook, all of my accounts are direct connect & the transactions are not downloading.  In addition, when I update the selected account, it is not recognizing transactions which i entered manually. I still need to deactivate & reactivate 2 of my citibank credit cards as the account numbers have changed; too scared that this will corrupt entire file (which it did a few days ago & I had to restore it).  Please fix this as I can only use quicken manually as downloading continues to be broken.
      • RickO
        edited September 2017
        Version 4.6.6 has been released:

Version 4.6.6
        • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
        • FIXED: Fixed an issue where deleted splits weren't getting propagated to the Quicken Cloud.
        • FIXED: Fixed an issue where help files weren't being displayed from the Help menu if running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
        • FIXED: Improved reliability of a fix for an MFA issue where customers received an MFA code but didn't have a screen to enter the code in.
      • RCinNJ
        RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
        edited August 2018
        9/29 -  Version 4.6.6
        • FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
        Question: If everything appears OK after updating is there any reason to restore back to my pre-update version and re-update? I finally bit the bullet and updated yesterday too 4.6.5. This above fixed issue seems (to me) to be hard to spot unless it is happening to many transactions. I don't see any transfers that have lost their link, but I have hundreds going back years.

I assume if anything is lost in an update that doing a further update will not restore them? What have others been doing?
      • RickO
        edited September 2017
        RCinNJ said:

9/29 -  Version 4.6.6

Question: If everything appears OK after updating is there any reason to restore back to my pre-update version and re-update? I finally bit the bullet and updated yesterday too 4.6.5. This above fixed issue seems (to me) to be hard to spot unless it is happening to many transactions. I don't see any transfers that have lost their link, but I have hundreds going back years.

I assume if anything is lost in an update that doing a further update will not restore them? What have others been doing?
        Good question. I had spot-checked mine and didn't see any lost categories. Since I've made some data changes since the update, I will forgo reverting to my pre-update backup. Hopefully there are no lost categories lurking in the weeds, but I suppose it's not a huge deal if there are.
      • RCinNJ
        RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
        edited September 2017
        RCinNJ said:

9/29 -  Version 4.6.6

RickO, that's sort of what I decided too. Still wonder about my wonder about my last question, although I assume the answer is that a further update will not restore transactions lost from a bug in the last update.

In any case, I updated to 4.6.6 and all appears to be OK. Fingers and toes crossed!
      • Robert B
        Robert B Member ✭✭✭
        edited September 2017
        Just installed 4.6.6.  When I chose Update Selected Account, which was my checking account, it also updated a savings account at the same bank.  It did not update one other account at the same bank.  Also a credit card account at a different institution was updated.  It did not update 3 brokerage accounts I have set up.  So, it did not update all accounts but did update some I did not request to update.
      • annamcdonnell
        annamcdonnell Member ✭✭
        edited August 2018
        Just installed 4.6.6 and when I went to update all my accounts, it failed to update AMEX but, even more worrisome, when it imported my checking account recent activity, it marked two new transactions (checks written via online bill pay which are dated for October 2 and 3rd) as RECONCILED.  

PS Just changed the AMEX account to Direct Connect and am hoping that will fix the AMEX problem.  Now if someone could assure me that transactions that could not possibly be reconciled will no longer import with a little green reconciled checkmark next to them I would be a very happy camper.  I do not want Quicken to try to automatically reconcile anything as I have been burned by that in the past. TIA.
      • RickO
        edited September 2017
        QM2017 4.6.5... I turned on Sync, disabled all accounts and then turned it off again. It seems that it has trashed some but not all of the notes associated with split transfers. The notes are missing from the split line in the source account and from the transaction in the destination account. Best I can tell, it trashed the note if the split was other than the first line of the split. 

This really sucks, as I now have no record of what a lot of these transfers were for.
      • Eagle22
        Eagle22 Member ✭✭
        edited September 2017
        RickO said:

QM2017 4.6.5... I turned on Sync, disabled all accounts and then turned it off again. It seems that it has trashed some but not all of the notes associated with split transfers. The notes are missing from the split line in the source account and from the transaction in the destination account. Best I can tell, it trashed the note if the split was other than the first line of the split. 

This really sucks, as I now have no record of what a lot of these transfers were for.

Can you recover from a backup or time machine backup?
      • RickO
        edited September 2017
        RickO said:

Yes, but at the expense of trying to re-create all the entries and edits done since then.

But... I want to thank you for nudging me. Initially I didn't think it was worth the effort to try to remember and recreate the changes made over the last couple days. But then it dawned on me to open my mangled file on my laptop, revert to backup on the iMac and use the laptop as a reference to recreate the changes. Then for confidence, I was able to make the net worths match to the penny on both machines. So now confident I'm all up to date and the notes are restored.
      • RickO
        edited August 2018
        @Marcus... regarding the above post, please see this separate topic:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/the-notes-in-transferred-account-put-in-blank-af...

There definitely appears to be a bug that is causing the memo/notes to be cleared on split lines that include transfers in the case where the account is enabled for mobile sync. This is true even if the account was never actually access on a mobile device.

I had this occur in my data file and can reproduce it (v.4.6.5). The memo/notes are trashed not only as they are newly entered, but for long-previously entered transactions.
      • smayer97
        smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
        edited September 2017
        RickO said:

@Marcus... regarding the above post, please see this separate topic:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/the-notes-in-transferred-account-put-in-blank-af...

There definitely appears to be a bug that is causing the memo/notes to be cleared on split lines that include transfers in the case where the account is enabled for mobile sync. This is true even if the account was never actually access on a mobile device.

I had this occur in my data file and can reproduce it (v.4.6.5). The memo/notes are trashed not only as they are newly entered, but for long-previously entered transactions.

OUCH! how does an update result in user data being altered? That raises questions of data integrity and reliability. That should never happen. Hope this gets addressed quickly.

This discussion has been closed.