QWin 2017 Premier: link to brokerage site on investment register

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2017 in Investing (Windows)
I use quicken 2017 premier on a windows 10 based PC. I recently changed from manual entry of downloaded investment transactions to automatic entry of downloaded transactions. When I made the switch, the links I used to have to my brokerage firm disappeared from the transaction page, so if I want to navigate to them, I need to go through my edit accounts menu. Is there a way they can be put back on the transaction page?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    No. You only get the link for web connect download connection type.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    I have been using direct connect for many years, and have always had the brokerage link available on the transaction page. Just a week ago, I changed my preferences from manual acceptance of downloaded transactions into the register to automatic acceptance of those downloaded tranactions. I don't believe this changed the connection method to my broker, but it did remove the brokerage link from the transaction page. I would like to have it back.
  • mshiggins
    edited September 2017
    From C. D. Bales:

"I have been using direct connect for many years, and have always had the brokerage link available on the transaction page".

Not material to your issue - see below. But I find no evidence of the "Web site" link on the Quicken "Transaction List" page prior to Q2015.

"Just a week ago, I changed my preferences from manual acceptance of downloaded transactions into the register to automatic acceptance of those downloaded tranactions [sic]".

That is material to your issue. When you elect to have your downloaded transactions "automatically added" to your Quicken account, the "Downloaded Transactions" tab and the "Bill and Income Reminders" tabs are (intentionally) no longer displayed. The "link" you're looking for is normally found on the "Downloaded Transactions" tab: no Downloaded Transactions tab, no link. This has been true ever since the option to "automatically add" downloaded transactions was first made available.

If you want the "Web site" link back, revert to manually adding downloaded transactions to the Quicken account.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks for your explanation.

So I get what you said, but it would be nice to have the link. How do we ask them to put it somewhere on the transaction page. For banking and credit card accounts, it is listed under the actions tab, but is not there for brokerage accounts. I wonder if Quicken could make that change in a future update?

• mshiggins
    edited September 2017

Thanks for your explanation.

So I get what you said, but it would be nice to have the link. How do we ask them to put it somewhere on the transaction page. For banking and credit card accounts, it is listed under the actions tab, but is not there for brokerage accounts. I wonder if Quicken could make that change in a future update?

From C. D. Bales:

"For banking and credit card accounts, it is listed under the actions tab, but is not there for brokerage accounts".

I'm not seeing that.

How about describing the steps you take to make that link visible, and posting a picture showing the "Web site" link you see, when an account is having its transactions "automatically added"?

[All account types activated for downloading have web site links on the General tab of their Edit Account Details dialog; those links are visible even when downloaded transactions are automatically added.]

This discussion has been closed.