Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.5 Released

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    RCinNJ said:

9/29 -  Version 4.6.6

• FIXED: Fixed an issue that would cause categories on linked transfers to be lost.
    Question: If everything appears OK after updating is there any reason to restore back to my pre-update version and re-update? I finally bit the bullet and updated yesterday too 4.6.5. This above fixed issue seems (to me) to be hard to spot unless it is happening to many transactions. I don't see any transfers that have lost their link, but I have hundreds going back years.

I assume if anything is lost in an update that doing a further update will not restore them? What have others been doing?
    But it does raise the question of data integrity and reliability. There is no easy way to verify that all data is intact. That raises questions of trust. Hope this gets better attention in the future, including the other outstanding issue raised of memo/notes being lost (down below).
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-4-6-5-released?topic-reply-list%...

This kind of thing reflects poorly on quality control. Ouch. What is being done to prevent this?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Just installed 4.6.6 and when I went to update all my accounts, it failed to update AMEX but, even more worrisome, when it imported my checking account recent activity, it marked two new transactions (checks written via online bill pay which are dated for October 2 and 3rd) as RECONCILED.  

PS Just changed the AMEX account to Direct Connect and am hoping that will fix the AMEX problem.  Now if someone could assure me that transactions that could not possibly be reconciled will no longer import with a little green reconciled checkmark next to them I would be a very happy camper.  I do not want Quicken to try to automatically reconcile anything as I have been burned by that in the past. TIA.

What is Quicken doing as part of quality control to verify that user data is not being altered with an update or data downloads? 

Since there is currently NO functionality in QMac to auto-reconcile, how in the world does an update or data download change the status of the Reconciled status? It should NEVER happen.

Is this being addressed?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    RickO said:

@Marcus... regarding the above post, please see this separate topic:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/the-notes-in-transferred-account-put-in-blank-af...

There definitely appears to be a bug that is causing the memo/notes to be cleared on split lines that include transfers in the case where the account is enabled for mobile sync. This is true even if the account was never actually access on a mobile device.

I had this occur in my data file and can reproduce it (v.4.6.5). The memo/notes are trashed not only as they are newly entered, but for long-previously entered transactions.

OUCH! is right! I've never enabled mobile sync because I've never trusted QM2017 (or '15, '16) enough to add the extra layer of complexity. It sounds like that is the difference. I don't see this with my file, however, not being able to open the before and after versions on one machine (which is all I have QM on) makes it very hard to be sure.

As has been said, the idea that an update can destroy notes in an accounting program is frightening!!! Once you realize they haven't created a robust enough program to prevent this means any of us could lose data with any update. Before this it never would have occurred to me to check for changes at this level in the program. I wonder how many poor soles already lost data and haven't discovered it yet?

Marcus, or any other Quicken official, care to comment?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    RickO said:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/the-notes-in-transferred-account-put-in-blank-af...

There definitely appears to be a bug that is causing the memo/notes to be cleared on split lines that include transfers in the case where the account is enabled for mobile sync. This is true even if the account was never actually access on a mobile device.

I had this occur in my data file and can reproduce it (v.4.6.5). The memo/notes are trashed not only as they are newly entered, but for long-previously entered transactions.

@smayer97... I don't believe it's the update per se that results in the notes getting wiped. But something in the syncing of the data file with the mobile cloud is causing this. That the mobile cloud has moved from Intuit to Quicken servers might lead to an explanation of how this update could cause this issue.

I hope Marcus see this and responds soon!
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    RickO said:

And what would you say was the cause for the categories for linked transfers being lost, also due to Mobile sync?

• RickO
    edited September 2017
    RickO said:

Yes, that would be my guess. But it's strictly a guess. I hope Marcus will investigate both of the types of data loss, explain why it happened and get it fixed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    With the current 4.6.6 update the menu item File > Recent no longer shows any recently opened files but just a greyed out Clear Menu. It used to show my recently opened files.
  • RickO
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

With the current 4.6.6 update the menu item File > Recent no longer shows any recently opened files but just a greyed out Clear Menu. It used to show my recently opened files.

Mine is still okay. What version of macOS are you running?
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

Mine is okay as well. I am using High Sierra macOS.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    I realize that this is off-topic, but I have been unable to get an answer anywhere else. My Dashboard/Profile indicates that I am following 9 topics, but in the "Show Topics" list, only 6 discussions are displayed. Where would the others be? If I go to one of the "missing' topics web pages -- such as this one where I am now writing -- there is an "unfollow" button, which indicates that I am actually following that topic; however, it does not displayed on my Dashboard/Profile page. Is there some way I can see the entire list of followed topics on my Dashboard/Profile? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Marty said:

I realize that this is off-topic, but I have been unable to get an answer anywhere else. My Dashboard/Profile indicates that I am following 9 topics, but in the "Show Topics" list, only 6 discussions are displayed. Where would the others be? If I go to one of the "missing' topics web pages -- such as this one where I am now writing -- there is an "unfollow" button, which indicates that I am actually following that topic; however, it does not displayed on my Dashboard/Profile page. Is there some way I can see the entire list of followed topics on my Dashboard/Profile? Thanks in advance for any help.

When you go to your profile under conversations there is a pull down to filter the list (like the image below).
    Do you have all followed displayed? If not select the pull down and select "all followed"". See if that is what you are looking for...

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Marty said:

My Profile doesn't show conversations. It looks like this:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Marty said:

Can you please tell me how to remove my Quicken Cloud account from this version?  I don't do any downloading from financial institutions, and I don't want my data in the cloud.  I went to Cloud Accounts, where mine is listed, but clicking on the "minus sign" had no effect.  Thanks.

Many financial institutions will now give you Direct Connect at no charge (at least for personal accounts - fees still apply for business accounts).  Just get off Quicken Cloud!
  • annamcdonnell
    annamcdonnell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Just installed 4.6.6 and when I went to update all my accounts, it failed to update AMEX but, even more worrisome, when it imported my checking account recent activity, it marked two new transactions (checks written via online bill pay which are dated for October 2 and 3rd) as RECONCILED.  

PS Just changed the AMEX account to Direct Connect and am hoping that will fix the AMEX problem.  Now if someone could assure me that transactions that could not possibly be reconciled will no longer import with a little green reconciled checkmark next to them I would be a very happy camper.  I do not want Quicken to try to automatically reconcile anything as I have been burned by that in the past. TIA.

PS AMEX problem not fixed. Get his error message:
    CP_SERVER_ERROR:internal.api:Throttler denied request. Decision was IN_PROGRESS
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

Sierra 10.12.6. Is there a way to reset this so it will show again.
  • RickO
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

A couple things you can try:

1) Mac's System Preferences > General. Make sure recent items is not set to None. (I don't think this affects Quicken though.)

2) Quit Quicken then try opening your file by double clicking it in the Finder. You can show the file in the Finder via Quicken's File menu before quitting Quicken.
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Marty said:

When I click on your profile I see the following:

I think at this point it would be best for you to start a new thread for this issue...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

The System Preferences > General for Recent Items is changed back to none so I changed it back to 20. There seems to be an issue here with System Preferences > General because when I open Quicken it revert back to none! I tried other apps and same behavior of reverting back to none. Also, there are multiple same entries for same applications. Strange behavior!!
  • RickO
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

Interesting. Are you running High Sierra?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

No, I am still on Sierra 10.12.6. This a new behavior which seemed to start when I installed one of the Quicken 4.6.x updates but I certainly cannot be sure it was that. Thanks for your help.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Marty said:

Yes, you are right.  Apparently, there is a distinction between "Profile" and "Dashboard".  When I login to GetSatisfaction.com, I am taken to a tab labeled "Your Dashboard", even though the screen itself calls it "Marty's Profile".  But clicking on my profile icon, as you apparently did, shows the whole profile and all the conversations. 
    This is, to say the least, confusing, but at least there's a route to my actual profile (vs. "Dashboard").  Many thanks for your help.
  • RickO
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that you set the Recent Items in System Preferences > General. Then you open apps other than Quicken. When you return to System Preferences > General, the Recent Items setting has reverted to None?

If that's what's happening, it goes beyond Quicken and you should contact Apple Support, which fortunately is a bit more responsive than Quicken Support.

One thing you can try is to move the file 

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

to the desktop and restart the computer. I believe this is where macOS stores the global recent items setting, which may be corrupted.

If you don't know how to open your user Library folder, see this;

http://www.mactrast.com/2016/12/show-user-library-folder-macos-sierra/
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    hamilton said:

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I had deleted the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist but had not restarted. Once I restarted the Recent Items in the Apple Menu were correct and Quicken had my recent files as well. Restarts do fix some problems!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    How come when I go to search for the Quicken 2017 update in the app store I can't find the newest update. I bought quicken 2017 through the app store. Is there a lag in making the update available for users who bought quicken through the app store? 
  • RickO
    edited October 2017

How come when I go to search for the Quicken 2017 update in the app store I can't find the newest update. I bought quicken 2017 through the app store. Is there a lag in making the update available for users who bought quicken through the app store? 

Yes, there's a lag due to Apple's approval process. Just speculation on my part, but I would guess that the workload in Apple's approval dept. is especially high right now given that they just release an new macOS. A lot of third party software is probably getting updates for it.

One option for you would be to purchase the app from Quicken, then once the Apple version update is released, return the Quicken purchases copy within the 60 MBG window.
  • annamcdonnell
    annamcdonnell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Is anyone from Quicken actually monitoring this thread?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017

In another thread, Quicken Kathryn has written that the version for the App Store should be coming within the next few days, and that there is an extension until  mid-month for users of the App Store version to update to the Quicken ID.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Brendan
    Brendan Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I've seen two issues since upgrading to 4.6.x.  I'm at 4.6.6 however, I'm not sure when the issue was introduced as I've installed almost every version released of 4.6.x.
    Both issues are with BOA - Online bill payment

I noticed payees duplicated in Quicken but not at BOA.  I often use the description field to add more info, and I noticed I have many duplicates such as:

Toyota Loan  - Unused
    Toyota Loan{car} - 44 uses

For now, I merged them.  (EDIT:  Ugh! They come back.)

Check under Window / Payees and check some of your online payees (ones with a Green $ sign)

The second issue that I have seen is that I used to be able to pay Discover two days out.  Quicken seems to now want a week even though the withdrawal from account seems to happen sooner.  For example, the withdraw date may be 10/6 with a payment date of 10/12.  I can log into BOA and move the date- in this example I was able to move it to 10/10.  I assume I could not go sooner due to the Monday 10/9 holiday.

Anyone else see these?

Brendan

(Moderator- I posted this on both 4.6.x threads)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    I updated to 4.6.6 on Thursday and have not got any Chase updates since. Every time I try to update, it just spins for a few seconds and then does nothing. Is anyone else having a problem with updating Chase accounts on 4.6.6?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I am not having problems updating from Chase with 4.6.6. How are you connecting? I am using Direct Connect.

If you are using Direct Connect, have you tried Deactivating Downloads for all your Chase accounts and then Reactivating?
This discussion has been closed.