QWin 2016 (R14): Won't open after installing R14 patch

Quicken is blank screen.  Installed R14 patch but still won't open.  Spent 1 hour on hold and another with support rep then disconnected.  Can anyone assist?

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Hi JK,

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having getting Quicken to open. What version of Quicken are you using? Both Quicken 2015 and 2017 are up to the R15 release. If you are using one of these versions, please download and install the R15 mondo patch update for the appropriate product, from the links below:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

If this information doesn’t answer all of your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please select the blue LIKE button at the top of this post, if this information was helpful and resolved the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
  • edited January 2018
    Using Quicken 2016, Tried the mandatory process to change over to the new Quicken. Finally got an email confirming my change of my user ID to an email address. Tried multiple times to set up the new system using my new confirmed User ID and changing passwords,  Each time I tried to submit an old or new password, the same blank sign-in screen appears, but, another try to sign-in only produces another blank sign-in screen.  Not ready for prime time.  Very disappointing.  I wish I could bill you for my time wasted.
  • Al SmithAl Smith Member
    edited September 2017

Using Quicken 2016, Tried the mandatory process to change over to the new Quicken. Finally got an email confirming my change of my user ID to an email address. Tried multiple times to set up the new system using my new confirmed User ID and changing passwords,  Each time I tried to submit an old or new password, the same blank sign-in screen appears, but, another try to sign-in only produces another blank sign-in screen.  Not ready for prime time.  Very disappointing.  I wish I could bill you for my time wasted.

I have the exact same problem.  Tried the Mondo R14 patch and it fails to run and instead gives an error message saying "Server not found".
  • JKJK Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm using Quicken 2016. Downloaded the R14 mondo patch.  I was not prompted to make a new user ID.
  • JKJK Member
    edited September 2017

Hi JK,

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having getting Quicken to open. What version of Quicken are you using? Both Quicken 2015 and 2017 are up to the R15 release. If you are using one of these versions, please download and install the R15 mondo patch update for the appropriate product, from the links below:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

If this information doesn’t answer all of your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please select the blue LIKE button at the top of this post, if this information was helpful and resolved the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave

Quicken Dave - I'm using Quicken 2016.  The rep on the phone helped me download the R14 Mondo patch and we reinstalled Quicken 2016. Somewhere I read I would be prompted to make a new user ID but I wasn't. Any advice?
  • JKJK Member
    edited September 2017

Hi JK,

I hope this helps,
    Dave

I'm using Quicken 2016.  Rep helped me download the R14 patch and reinstalled Quicken 2016 but it didn't work.
  • JKJK Member
    edited September 2017

Hi JK,

I hope this helps,
    Dave

After logging on to my quicken account this morning to try to get to support section I was actually prompted to re-establish my user ID# and password and then it migrated and all is working now.  I don't know why I didn't get this prompt yesterday but glad I can get back to work.
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited January 2018
    New Quicken sucks.. Every time you need to download an update, it locks up and all you get is blank screen..  I was forced to  migrate yesterday when I was uploading bills..now I am locked out and the payments did not got.  No one answers the phone.. None of their online support solutions work..How many late payments are being created??
  • JRB3JRB3 Member
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

New Quicken sucks.. Every time you need to download an update, it locks up and all you get is blank screen..  I was forced to  migrate yesterday when I was uploading bills..now I am locked out and the payments did not got.  No one answers the phone.. None of their online support solutions work..How many late payments are being created??

Same thing here. I currently have Quicken 2016 Deluxe that DOES NOT WORK!!!
  • SteveSteve Member
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

I am having the same problem with Quicken 2017 premier. Cannot open. This might be the last straw for me.
  • JKJK Member
    edited September 2017

Hi JK,

I hope this helps,
    Dave

FYI i had to wait for it to prompt me to re-do my user name and password for it to "lauch".  Simply putting it in before the prompt did not solve the issue but everything was okay after getting the prompt to re-establish it (which I got by trying to log in).  Perhaps it just needed time.  In any case, Quicken needs to make these updates easier and their reps should know what's going on.  The rep I spoke with thought my files were corrupt, etc. etc. It was just the darn update causing the problem.
  • Doug DuncanDoug Duncan Member
    edited October 2017
    Last night I upgraded to R14 (Quicken 2016). Everything finally started working except the One Step Update for Quicken Bill Pay. Kept getting a login error according to Quicken Support (on a chat line with them all morning). Then on a call to Quicken Bill Pay this afternoon. The only solution they could come up with that works is to start over with a new Quicken file. Which worked with the same credentials I use with my old data file. Very disappointing.
    edited October 2017

Last night I upgraded to R14 (Quicken 2016). Everything finally started working except the One Step Update for Quicken Bill Pay. Kept getting a login error according to Quicken Support (on a chat line with them all morning). Then on a call to Quicken Bill Pay this afternoon. The only solution they could come up with that works is to start over with a new Quicken file. Which worked with the same credentials I use with my old data file. Very disappointing.

Update: Problem fixed.

I had 3 pending payments on Bill Pay and 2 pending on Quicken (ready to send to Bill Pay). When I upgraded I neglected to delete all 5. Usually, Quicken updates will remind me to make sure there are no pending payments waiting in Bill Pay. Didn't happen this time.
    I deleted the 3 pending @ Bill Pay and the 2 queued on Quicken. Restarted Quicken and wahla! the damn thing started working. All I had to do was register the 5 payments in Quicken, update Bill Pay. All is well. Seems like Quicken support or Bill Pay support should have pointed this out initially.
  • Helena WaldHelena Wald Member
    edited October 2017
    I have Quicken 2017 on a Windows 10 computer. Yesterday I downloaded
    and installed mondo patch R15 as requested. It told me it was
    successful. When I clicked on Run Quicken, it only goes to a partially
    opened Quicken screen that is light blue. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with Quicken yesterday, a tech support person  couldn't figure it
    out and decided I need to ask Microsoft to do something. Baloney!  I think I should uninstall Quicken entirely and re-install from my CD
    but shall I do any intermediate updates before the R15 patch? Is it ok
    to wait for a week or two to do this as I am busy until I leave town
    for a few days next week?  Is there something about the 9/30 date? Is it a deadline?
  • SteveSteve Member
    edited September 2017

opened Quicken screen that is light blue. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with Quicken yesterday, a tech support person  couldn't figure it
    out and decided I need to ask Microsoft to do something. Baloney!  I think I should uninstall Quicken entirely and re-install from my CD
    for a few days next week?  Is there something about the 9/30 date? Is it a deadline?

I am having the same problem. I have spoken to 2 support people. neither can fix it. they want me to keep doing the update but the update is the problem. I have unistalled and reinstalled and still the problem persists. I just want my data back so I can populate Mint with it and be done with Quicken.
  • Carol CanavanCarol Canavan Member
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

I am having this trouble with Quicken 16 delux. . . what gives?
  • Kathy RyalsKathy Ryals Member
    edited October 2017

I am getting the same blank sign in screen over and over again, after the migration process. Now I can't get an update to run. Have not down loaded Mondo yet not sure it will help.
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited October 2017

You will need to call Quicken..it took me 3 hrs to get it straightened out.. The Mondo patch did not work.  Agent was not happened with the time it took.. He said there have been to many upgrades at once,  with the migration going on.
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

You will need to call Quicken..it took me 3 hrs to get it straightened
    out.. The Mondo patch did not work.  Agent was not happened with the
    time it took.. He said there have been to many upgrades at once,  with
    the migration going on.
  • Kathy RyalsKathy Ryals Member
    edited January 2018

Finally got 2016 to open, no more blank sign in screen. I unistalled and reinstalled from my disk. Downloaded the mondo 8 patch from the site then saved and ran the mondo 14 patch (latest for 2016). Opened Quicken and it took my Quicken ID / password. Yeah! Then i had to go throuvh the migration process, again. But after completing the process (without mobile) i got my quicken data to open from my last update. Voila i can now update my finacial institutions again. 4 days and multiple hours of pain. Is this the NEW QUICKEN?
  • GlennGlenn Member
    edited October 2017

I agree.  I am so fed up with this.  I actually paid the $50 to get premium support and yesterday was able to quickly get ahold of tech support, who were not able to fix things.  They said Level III support to call me at a particular time and never did.  I am sick to my stomach with these guys.  Moving to another tool (any suggestions?).  Can't believe how happy I was for 20 plus years.  Now all goodwill down the drain.
    edited October 2017

http://www.toptenreviews.com/money/accounting/best-personal-finance-software/
  • Nancy GilbertNancy Gilbert Member
    edited October 2017

I am locked out of my Quicken program since trying to install the update they said I had to have.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled and tried everything else recommended, but none of them work.  All the time it insists I need to put in my user name and password, ,but get an error message every time I try to do so and the program will not open.
    Saturday I was on an online chat for 1 1/2 hours and the problem wasn't fixed.  Yesterday I tried to get on the online chat.  I connected and waited 3 hours and never was connected with an agent, even thought the wait time was supposed to be 30 min.  Today I again tried to connect on the online chat and waited 2 hours, without being connected with an agent.  I have decided they are having so many problems that they aren't even responding to the online chat requests.  
    At this point I do not have any idea of how to correct this problem.
  • edited October 2017

Quicken has let subscribers down yet again.  After about 15 years this is getting too frustrating.
  • Nancy GilbertNancy Gilbert Member
    edited October 2017

Today I again tried to do the Quicken chat support and was on for an hour without connecting with an agent.  I am wondering if they  are even responding to the chat support line.  

Has anyone been successful in connecting there and getting their Quicken fixed?
    edited October 2017

Tell us please, how did you get the Mondo 14 patch to run without encountering the dreaded "server failed to load" error message?  I'm running Windows 7.
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

What specifically did Quicken Support end up having you do that cured the problem?
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited October 2017
    ron3nan said:

It was so convoluted, I can't tell you the steps..but I do know it took several uninstalls & reloads of Quicken 2016 downloads, then the Mondo 14 patch.   In Quicken "About" file you should see 25.1.14.5 as the version.  You will need to create a new Quicken account, with new User ID and password..  You would think Quicken support would post complete instruction via e-mail on how to fix their stupid mistake.
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited October 2017

Hi JK,

I hope this helps,
    Dave

Dave, your instructions to comment below do nothing for anyone.. This idiot issue that Quicken created, should not be an issue for the end user to solved.  what you should do is make sure your fixes work before you issue them.   Maybe Quicken needs to issue everyone a free version of Q-17 of better yet Q-18 to make up for the lost time waiting on phone, and grating absolutely no help from support.  The "tech" that helped me had to find the answers in a hodgepodge use of Google, because his help desk instructions did not work...
  • ron3nanron3nan Member
    edited October 2017

Hi JK,

I hope this helps,
    Dave

Where is the "Dislike Button"??