Reinvested dividend and gain or loss on transaction not recorded in category summary

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I use Quicken for Mac 2017 and when I go to summary of category, It didn't add the reinvestment income or dividend neither the gain or loss on transaction.  It should be included in the revenu account as well as a real dividend income.  The investment account are correct. Could it be corrected soon please.  I never had that problem in the window version 2013.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gain/loss is not a transaction, so it will not show up in transaction-based reports. The Tax Schedule report will show you gains and losses.

For dividend and reinvested dividend income, make sure in the report customization, you select None for Tags. If you select all, the report will show you only transactions that have at least one tag and your dividend transactions likely do not have any. Also make sure you have the correct accounts, categories and payees selected. You probably will want to choose None for Payees as well.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    For the reinvestment dividend, it works in the Category Summary but it didn't work when I try to create a new report as Comparison or Summary report, even if I add those categories.

The profit or loss when you sell an action or whatever should be included as a revenue(or expense) in the Category Summary report and all other customizable category
    report.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    France B said:

For the reinvestment dividend, it works in the Category Summary but it didn't work when I try to create a new report as Comparison or Summary report, even if I add those categories.

The profit or loss when you sell an action or whatever should be included as a revenue(or expense) in the Category Summary report and all other customizable category
    report.

I concur, Reinvest Dividends is not showing up in the New Report > Comparison report, although it does show up in the New Report > Transaction Report. This is something you will probably want to report either to Quicken Support Quicken Support or via menu Help > Report a Problem. 

The category Investments: Sell does show up in the Comparison report for me.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.