has dividend reporting in budget problem been solved in 2017

dividend income not showing up in budget in 2016 but only in report format. Has this been fixed in 2017.  Not buying upgrades until this is addressed

Comments

• HersheyHershey Member
    edited January 2018
    I think the short answer is NO!

But have you tried to add _DivInc to the budget categories. Open the budget, right click over one of the categories, go to select categories, enable viewing of hidden categories, select _DivInc and _IntInc. Those are Quickens default categories for Investment Dividends and Interest. You need the underbar.
  • Bob99Bob99 Member
    edited February 2017

yup..have tried that...no joy.  but the _DivInc does not show up in the budget view....just Div Income. Has anyone tried calling them about this...it should not be a big fix

• HersheyHershey Member
    edited January 2018
    Bob, I am using Q17 H&B. I skipped 2016 so I am not familiar with every screen or click. Maybe it is fixed in 2017, so I am not seeing the problem. I had a problem with this because when adding the _DivInc to the budget, it is included in the income section. Unfortunately if you have a 401K or IRA, dividend payment  within those accounts are  included. In my view those dividends are not current income, but deferred income. That money is not income until there is a distribution for the tax deferred account. Therefore, I have chosen to recategorize any dividend in a standard account as DivInc and have that category in the budget plan.

To be repetitive,
    I click on the Planning button, the budget is displayed.At the bottom of the window,
    I hit the + for Select categories to budget.
    I then select Personal Income, then _DivInc, then Okay
    At that point the _DivInc is displayed and any dividends that have been paid in the time period displayed are shown.

So. it is either good luck in 2016, or they have it fixed in 2017 and I don't see the problem.
  • Bob99Bob99 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think I solved the problem.....but only after I bought 2017...Had the same problem after downloading 2017 BUT when I deselected "dividend income" from the list and left "-divinc" checked, the dividend numbers populated the budget.  
  • dnelsondnelson Member
    edited October 2018

It seems to happen when the dividend is transfer to cash account and the action is DivX.  In brokerage accounts with no cash account it shows in the actual in the Budget view.

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited February 2017
    dnelson said:

It seems to happen when the dividend is transfer to cash account and the action is DivX.  In brokerage accounts with no cash account it shows in the actual in the Budget view.

A transfer isn't income ... and it's income and expenses that show in the Budget.
    Modify the Budget to include the brokerage account where the DivX is originating.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • CalCarterCalCarter Member
    edited March 2017
    Bob99 said:

I think I solved the problem.....but only after I bought 2017...Had the same problem after downloading 2017 BUT when I deselected "dividend income" from the list and left "-divinc" checked, the dividend numbers populated the budget.  

Mine shows _Divinc and displays the row, but none of the values are populating. It is all zeros.
  • Charlie C.Charlie C. Member
    edited October 2017
    Using Q 2017 - V R15.1 - (divinc) does not show up in my Budget verses Actual Report. If I run either a Transaction report or a Comparison report the (-divinc) actual does show up.

When I had (-divinc) under a custom category "Income" then neither the Actual or Budget would show up.

When I changed (-divinc) back to Personal Income it did show up but only as zero amount "0" on the actual side - the budget side amounts did show up correctly - when I click on the "0" actual I get a transaction report showing all the correct (divinc) amounts.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited May 2018
    WOW!! I thought that I was the only one having problems with Dividend and Interest Budgeting, Follow my problem with budgeting tax-free dividends and interest here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/budgeting-with-divinctaxfree-and-intinctaxfree-c...