Accrued interest Transaction No Longer Works

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Unable to enter accrued interest when adding a new bond purchase. When I try to save the MiscellaneousExpense transaction, "Quicken 2017 Deluxe Version R15 Build 26.1.15.5" tells me there is no Payee/Description. There is no way to enter payee/description for a MiscellaneousExpense transaction type that is generated for a Bond purchase

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

" accrued interest "
    Isn't that Income? (Sorry, I don't trade in bonds) ... in that case use the "Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.)" transaction.

And if it truly is an Expense, the Security Name is your Payee Name.

Are you directly entering into the register or are you using the data entry form provided by the "Enter Transactions" button? I recommend the latter.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I tried to reproduce this in the same version of Q, and could not. I was able to enter the MiscExp with category _Accrued Int just fine, leaving the Security Name field empty.

There is also a field in the Bonds Bought transaction dialog where you can enter the accrued interest. Maybe edit the Buy transaction to add the interest there.

If all else fails, you may have to troubleshoot your data file.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Accrued interest is an expense. When you buy a bond on the open market, you pay its fair market value plus you buy any interest previously accrued.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.