Quicken App for iphone7 crashes when adding a photo receipt attachment

iphone7 quicken app crashes when adding a photo receipt attachment.
Updated the new app today it repaired the blank screen problem.
but it crashes when you try to add  a photo attachment.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep...same problem here
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    is the photo a jpeg or a different attachment
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I believe its jpeg crashes right after you take the photo, of the receipt .
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Same problem here using IPhone 6 - when entering a new transaction on phone - adding the place + amount + category and account and then trying to take a photo to add to the transaction.  The app closes out and I lose all the information previously entered for that transaction.

Also having trouble with double entries on the IOs app that aren't in the desktop.  Can't delete any transactions from the Iphone or Ipad app.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Samething with my app
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Hopefully they can come up with a fix very soon this is has been very annoying
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    George A said:

I totally agree. I really like/need the function when it works. I’m evaluating iBank right now for my Mac. If it works better and I can at least reach the customer service folks on chat, email or phone, after 30 years, I’m switching.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    George A said:

Hey, George - I tried IBank (Banktivity) because I was really tired of having to deal with Quicken tech support and then there is the constant updates that seem to bring a new set of problems every time.  The budge portion of the mobile app was working not is not.  Well, as bad as Quicken Mac and mobile apps are, I found out that Banktivity does not support adding receipts to transactions - that can only be done on the desktop.  In addition if you want to use it on an Ipad or Iphone you have to pay an extra fee for each. 

All things considered - I'm sticking with Quicken at the moment, but am still looking for something else.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    George A said:

Hi Mark, just got off a chat with Banktivity and they put my vote in to have image capture on their apps. I figure they’re quite a ways from it. I actually was able to chat with them immediately. I agree with you. If I have to pay a subscription, my expectations go way up!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    George A said:

Agreed - I've used Quicken for so long and have tried several times to move away from them.  A must have is the ability to capture receipt images on the fly and with Banktivity, they only way to add a receipt is on the desktop - the mobile apps with them just don't have the same features as even the 'broken' Quicken apps.  I spoke with Tech support when evaluating Banktivity.  They gave me the same answer, but didn't think the mobile feature would be forthcoming.  Too bad - I so want to dump quicken!!!!
  • DanielFarrands
    DanielFarrands Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Same problem using the updated Quicken app on iPhone 6.  Crashes each time I take a photograph of a receipt.  Has anyone notified their tech support to see if there is a patch or work-around for this problem?  The app is essentially useless without this feature.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    How are you saving the pic to the app? using jpeg?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    This is still a problem after having been reported more than 2 months ago. Quicken has time to send me emails about switching to a subscription version for 2018 that will cost more money without providing much benefit, but they can't seem to get basic functions on this app working properly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Well after sitting on hold for 45 minutes waiting for a Quicken customer service person, I finally got through.  The only thing that we can do is take a pic of the receipt and import it into the transaction from your photos.  Even though this is a bit more trouble, it does work.  

I won't invest in new versions of Quicken until I'm convinced the "change requests" from us, "the customers", have been tested, resolved and implemented.  I love Quicken but I'm disappointed that this seemingly simple fix hasn't been introduced.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I am having the same problem.   Looks like this has been an issue for years....Suggestion is a scan all receipts and drag and drop to transaction to attach...can any app do that?  That would put Quicken ahead of the rest.. waiting for solution.      A solution in the mean time...you need to take  the picture then go to the transaction and attach the photo from library. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    I am not a Quicken Employee,   I an not sure there are any left.   But I tried to suggest a simple solution and this was the conversation:  image
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled App shuts off when take picture of receipts.

Every time I take a picture of my receipt from, my Quicken App keeps shutting down. But I can upload from my camera no problem. Does anyone have this problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled App shuts off when take picture of receipts.

Every time I take a picture of my receipt from, my Quicken App keeps shutting down. But I can upload from my camera no problem. Does anyone have this problem?

Hey Kao,

You have been moved to thread for this topic.

This has been an ongoing issue, thank you for taking the time to the community and post your concerns.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi Kao, everyone has that issue,...for over a year now! What Quicken Tyka the Official is not saying is that issue will never be fixed. At least that what I was told on the phone by Quicken Official Bob.
  • John@143
    John@143 Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile app crashes when saving/uploading a receipt photo.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Mobile app crashes when saving/uploading a receipt photo.

What is going on?  Has quicken at least acknowledged that there is an issue and will address in the next release or provide an patch?  For me, the issue is when I try to take a pic of the receipt from within quicken to upload the receipt.  This is a png file (I believe).  This is very reproducible.  Workaround is I take a picture outside of quicket, then upload from my albums from quicken.

I will be a pest about this - unacceptable response.  I was on Live Chat and the rep just dropped me.

I think the new CEO will not like this kind of customer treatment.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iPhone App Crasshes when trying to upload receipt images.

Quicken 2018 / iPhone 6s with App Ver 5.0.19 (build 36.8815.4012)

The App allows me to take a photo, then crashes when I try to upload.

Is anybody else suffering from this issue?

Is there a workaround or fix?
  • Michael Lynch
    Michael Lynch Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    George A said:

It’s good to know updating to the current version also doesn’t help. (I needn’t waste money on a program without programmers ).

This problem has not been worked on in 7 months.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Has this issue been resolved?   I'm still having the problem but haven't seen a fix. (or even an acknowledgement of the problem by Quicken)
  • bigalwood
    bigalwood Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Photo Receipts are crashing my iOS.

When I take a photo on my iPhone X, with 11.4, it crashes.  I've been able to add 1 photo.  That's it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    bigalwood said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Photo Receipts are crashing my iOS.

When I take a photo on my iPhone X, with 11.4, it crashes.  I've been able to add 1 photo.  That's it.

Hey Bigalwood,

What you are currently experiencing is a known issue with the mobile app.

You have been moved to the main thread so we can track the users experiencing this issue.

The current workaround is to take a picture of the receipt using the camera on the phone and then attach the image to the transaction in the mobile app.

We currently working on a fix for the issue but don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael Lynch
    Michael Lynch Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    bigalwood said:

It is absurd to say Quicken is working on a fix when the problem has been a known issue for over a year.
  • bigalwood
    bigalwood Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    bigalwood said:

Thanks, Tyka.  Yeah, I figured that one out as well.  But, now I have all these photos of my receipts in my photo sharing.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Note that a new version of Mobile is currently being released in stages, first to Android users, then eventually to all, by the end of the month, if all goes well. This is one of the issues they apparently addressed.
    See the announcement here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/7-19-18-the-new-quicken-mobile-app-is-starting-t...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.