Single stock quote fails to update

Alkymst
Alkymst Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am running Quicken Premier 2017 Version R15 on Win 7 SP1 64 bit.  I have a single stock INTC (among more than 50 others) which fails to update at all.  I owned this many years ago in an IRA, liquidated the position 15 years ago and then purchased shares for a taxable account in June this year from the cash balance in our taxable brokerage account.  I have manually entered the cost basis and the dividend as usual but there is no change in the value since the Sept dividend.  I routinely download quotes every 2-3 days and save multiple copies of the file going back several weeks and there is no change in the stock price for INTC.  I have tried to delete the security entirely and start over but that option is grayed out as is the option to match the security online.  If I delete the 2 most recent entries for the taxable acct and then run a security report all of the info for INTC when I held it in an IRA is present and correct. 

I have read multiple reports of difficulties w/ downloads on this forum but I haven't seen one quite like this.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and will appreciate any help.
Thanks
Alkymst

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Go to the Security list (Ctrl-Y) and make sure the security is there, the Symbol (Ticker) is correct, Type is Stock and Download Quotes is checked. In addition you must either currently have a non-zero number of shares or Watch list must be checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    And if you use One Step Update, make sure Download Quotes is checked in your One Step Update settings.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Alkymst
    Alkymst Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Jim, thanks very much, problem seems to be solved so I saved your reply for the future.
    Alkymst
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm riding on the back of this topic as it is similar to one I have.

Today I manually updated the price quote for AAPL on the Investing>Portfolio window.  Since then, whenever I do an Update Quotes or One Step Update, the AAPL price sticks to the value I entered manually and does not update.   Quotes on all my other positions get updated.

I've checked the Security Details and everything is entered and correct.  I've held this stock for a long time and never had any problem on the quote before. 

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I'm on Quicken 2016 Windows Premier.

Thanks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stu said:

Today I manually updated the price quote for AAPL on the Investing>Portfolio window.  Since then, whenever I do an Update Quotes or One Step Update, the AAPL price sticks to the value I entered manually and does not update.   Quotes on all my other positions get updated.

I've checked the Security Details and everything is entered and correct.  I've held this stock for a long time and never had any problem on the quote before. 

Thanks.

Have you done TOOLS, Security List to see if the "Download Quotes" box is checked for Apple?

Also,  IIRC, manually input quotes override downloaded quotes. 

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stu said:

Thanks.

The hierarchy is presented here: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-u...

Other info on that page may not be fully accurate based on other comments I have seen. Manually entered values do take precedence over downloaded values.
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for those tips.  The Download Quotes box was checked for Apple.  I also now understand the hierarchy used by QW for recording prices.  

I assume this resets on a daily basis so that a One Step Update will then record the quote tomorrow (as long as I don't manually enter one).  Correct?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stu said:

Thanks for those tips.  The Download Quotes box was checked for Apple.  I also now understand the hierarchy used by QW for recording prices.  

I assume this resets on a daily basis so that a One Step Update will then record the quote tomorrow (as long as I don't manually enter one).  Correct?

Correct. Fwiw you should be able to delete the manually entered value and then have the download enter the daily values.
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Stu said:

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.